BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 10-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Lurker

Default My new Carbide 7010....time to tinker!

Just picked up a carbide 7010 for my wife and 10 year old....and myself. It has the robin subaru ex27 engine which I have learned it just a standard plain jane engine. It definately needs some pick me up especially if I want to tackle some woods trails. I definately need to upgrade the clutch and belt system....very weak! Great site by the way!! Thanks Bill

Last edited by bnt5; 10-02-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Those are the old carbid and are still pretty cool. Those Robin engines are actually excellent engines. One of the best built there is and super reliable. Have fun!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Lurker

yeah, I would really like to get some more low end out of it, just not sure how.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Low end can be had with a bigger engine, simple as that. A lot of people thing they can put on a 13hp and be so much faster but in fact what they find out is that they are slower. Well..kinda. The bigger HP engines will simply get you to speed faster and definately get you more low end. You'll likely lose top end though because in the bigger engines, you typically are governed even more so in the RPM areas. You can counter that, however, by changing your gearing.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:24 AM

I would love for my Carbide 150 to have this front suspension set up. This Carbide would make a great canadate for. a 250cc. Transplant.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:01 AM

I really like the "tub" design of the carbides. I had one last year, and was going to make a project of it, but I wound up selling it to my buddy, making him a "buggyman". I kinda wish I'd kept it, and sold him one of my singles, then Id have one each of the 150's!!!