BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 12-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Hammehead 250ss upgrades

I want to get a hammerhead 250ss because i dont want a 4 wheeler. I ride with friends with 4 wheelers and they go through alot of mud holes and they go pretty fast they all ride honda foremans ..... I was just anted to know if the hammerhead would be able to keep up. Or arethey any upgreades i could do to help it keep up?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-31-2013, 10:13 PM

I don't think the 250 will keep up with the formans, based on the fact the formans are all around 400cc, and about 1/2 the weight of a buggy. What you will find, though, is that you will be faster on the trails due to the secure feeling and confidence you have with a full cage and seat belts. Even with upgrades, the displacement difference will be too great to overcome if you want to run with them in all aspects. Most are pretty happy with just running with them in the technical stuff, but let them run out in the straights.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 01-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Heavy Contributor

yoga couldn't have said it better. If you want to keep up with them, FORGET the 150cc buggies, and look for at least a 250cc, if you have the budget, you can always get 400cc and up, but if you mainly do farm type riding (open field, rural dirt/gravel roads) you won't keep up. If you're on constantly changing conditions on a trail, they'll have a hard time keeping up without flipping their bikes.

Let us know what becomes of this situation!

Happy new years everyone
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 01-01-2014, 01:17 AM
Lite Contributor

we mostly ride through trails with some mud holes thats it. do you think it can keep up in the trails and get through some mud holes
Old 01-01-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingster View Post
we mostly ride through trails with some mud holes thats it. do you think it can keep up in the trails and get through some mud holes
With the right combo of tires, CVT mods, and a few engine mods to pep it up, I have confidence you can stay with them in the trails, and might even do a little better in the mud, since less of you will be exposed. I would strongly consider a 250, or buy a 150 and plan on spending a few bucks on internal engine mods, like cam, head work, BBK and carb and exhaust to match it. The 150's are cheaper initial purchases, but look to have many more performance parts available.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 01-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Lite Contributor

Ok thanks....i will need a 250 because im like 6'1 and 175 pounds so i need legroom
Old 01-01-2014, 10:34 AM
Supporting Vendor

On the long flat straits the atv will always pull away, but on the winding trails you won't have any problem keeping up. The cvt will need to tuned, but this will not make any more power. Your power will be made from porting the head. Currently there are no decent cams available for the 250 but I am hoping to solve this problem this year.

Last edited by SYCARMS; 01-01-2014 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added comtent
Old 01-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Lite Contributor

ok thank you all for your help on this subject now i just need to find me one used for 2000
Old 01-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Heavy Contributor

also check out hammerheadperformance.com they have the basics for the 250 (intake, exhaust, cdi, coil, variator, etc) the 150cc engines they sell are the same type as trailmaster uses as well if anyone's interested.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 04-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
On the long flat straits the atv will always pull away, but on the winding trails you won't have any problem keeping up. The cvt will need to tuned, but this will not make any more power. Your power will be made from porting the head. Currently there are no decent cams available for the 250 but I am hoping to solve this problem this year.
Tom; Let me know when you've built a better cam for the HH 250, I would definitely install it on mine. I am assuming it would work with the Endrigo head.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Supporting Vendor

I'm not sure but most I know with the Endrigo head have them for the low end torque and not top end. It all depends on how he ported the head. I will let it be known when the 250 cam is completed.