BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 06-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Lite Contributor

Default spiderbox build (front end done)

Hola! well I just sold my yerf dog 32001 and picked up a spiderbox that needs some tlc.

my old yerfie:

20130514_212834 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QKF1...DVuRcb4wSmDbDw

This is the way I bought the spiderbox

3t53q43Nd5I45F95q1d6if370e152612f1119 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

3t23Kd3q15N85Ea5tad6i2fd75557b168191f by adcoste1320, on Flickr

3tf3F13s25rb5s95q1d6i027067a2b2931306 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

3r43J83Nd5qa5M65tdd6i1d7b1b79ff60196e by adcoste1320, on Flickr

in the garage:

20130621_210534 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

20130622_010705 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

After a powerwashing:

20130622_145754 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

20130622_145810 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

The yerfie clearly has taken a beating and needs some help. The whole front end looks terrible. I'm hoping I will be able to at least keep the a-arms and spindles. I know for sure that the center box will need to be replaced. What gen yerf dog do I have?

20130622_213438 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

20130622_213327 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

20130622_213313 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

20130622_213115 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

I'm not sure but it doesn't look like the a-arms are the even type. So I might have the first gen?

Oh this doesn't look right either

20130622_213225 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

20130622_213129 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

For now I just want to get the front end fixed and then go on from there. I also need a new wiring harness since the guy had a scooter harness and it's too short and all over the place. I've also looked at ********** and plan on upgrading to better ball joints and BDX S2 shocks (if I have a the gen 3 suspension). I'm getting rid of the tiny 13" tires in the front and replacing them with some spiderbox rims/tires I have already. I planning on getting hubs in the front and going with 18" tires.

Overall the kart is in pretty good shape except for the front end. Brake also needs some work (thinking line is busted since it wont bleed). But the engine runs great. The guy said he rebuilt it (idk if that's a good or bad thing regarding the way he rigged the rest of the cart).

Comments/info/tips/recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by andrew1320; 10-20-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:21 PM

It looks like you lucked out on the a-arms and spindles, they appear to be the 3rd gen, which are the better quality units.

I made it almost to the end before I saw the bulkhead hanging off the frame, and had to back track to the first set of pics, all I have to say is WTF happened to that thing??

I would start by disassembling the front end and closely inspecting the frame for tweaks and cracks around the tongue welds. The tongue should angle slightly upward, somewhere around 10 degrees. The bulkhead may be toast, but still worth a second look. Aside from the obvious, shocks, ball joints, maybe a rack and tie rods, you might be in store for a near complete overhaul. There is light at the end of the tunnel though, as most of these parts are relatively cheap, and if you can weld, they can be done rather quickly.

Ball joints allow a few options, heims, or BD HD ball joints, heims are cheaper, but require some creative fabricating.

I would save some $$ and pass on the BD shocks, I have seen some negative reviews on them, blaster front shocks seem to work well on the rear, and the fronts are a long running source of debate between chinese quad shocks to snowmobile front ends. It really depends on the intended use, trails, flat track racing, mud, hard pack roads, and so on.

That should keep you busy for a few hours, post pics of anything questionable, there a ton of yerf owners lurking around, and we all can help in one way, shape, or form.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'

Last edited by Masteryota; 06-22-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:50 PM

oh boy like masteryota what the hell happened to the front end? I bet the front end cracked on them from jumping it to hard and then they welded it like that wit that little tab is nuts. u have the uneven arms I would suggest upgrading to even arms and def do ball joints, spindles, and beef up the control arm tabs. you have a lot of work ahead of you keep posting pics and questions and we will chime in.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
u have the uneven arms I would suggest upgrading to even arms and def do ball joints, spindles, and beef up the control arm tabs
It looks like the arms are the same length by the pics, only 1 way to find out, measure once you have them removed, and for sure, cut the sheet metal tabs off, and either use heims, or 1/4" plate triangles in their place.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteryota View Post

I made it almost to the end before I saw the bulkhead hanging off the frame, and had to back track to the first set of pics, all I have to say is WTF happened to that thing??
LOL, I had to do the same. Am I seeing this? What was this guy thinking!
Oh well, another approach to gaining ground clearance, I guess.
Is the upper ball joint retainer on the passenger side actually welded to the tab? or......
The buggy appears to be a great platform to work with. You got a lot of work ahead of you but it will be a great ride in the end.
Please start a build thread, we live for this stuff!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:

I would start by disassembling the front end and closely inspecting the frame for tweaks and cracks around the tongue welds. The tongue should angle slightly upward, somewhere around 10 degrees. The bulkhead may be toast, but still worth a second look.
Sorry I'm not familiar with these terms. Is the bulkhead the piece that basically holds the suspension all together? Tongue welds?

So I do a lot of trail riding. Previous yerfie I had worked well because the suspension was pretty soft. I also do a lot of slow technical offroading (over rocks, up steep hills). I'm going to get the yamaha blaster shocks for the rear.

I would like to lift the front higher. I will be getting hubs and bigger tires in the future, but would the yamaha blasters work up front too?

So the brake doesn't work and I tried bleeding it but there was no pressure coming out. Could this be a bad line? If so, where could I find a replacement for this?

Oh and what was up with the website? It wasnt working for me on Sunday
Old 06-24-2013, 08:53 PM

The Bulkhead is the portion of the front end that everything attaches to, control arms, steering rack, etc. The tongue is the portion of the main frame that the bulkhead bolts onto to.

The blaster shocks will work for the back, except you will need to modify the shock mounts for the wider eyelets. As for the front, I would say no, as they are too long for the stock mounting locations, and they will be too stiff.

I had the same issue with the brakes, the pedal was super soft, but it did stop once you smashed the pedal, I am thinking it was a failure inside the rubber hose, but tore it all down before I had a chance to look into it.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Power User

you're video brings back some fond memories ...nothign like the bobble head action for the neck muscles ... as the others have said, you've got a lot of work to do on the front end. before you really tear it down, you should get a basic toolset and look up all the mechanically inclined friends you have ... angle grinder/sawzall and entry level mig or a friend who can weld are in your very near future if you don't have them already.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:38 PM
Lite Contributor

I've already have experience with this stuff and I have my own tools. My brother has a welder and all the tools you mentioned. For a temporary fix, my brother welded the front end where the weld broke. I also put normal size tires/rims. It currently looks like this:

20130624_171829 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

I know that the guy rigged a backet for the bulkhead and it isn't the way it's supposed to be. I might still order a bulkhead (if needed) and get the whole front end back the way it's supposed to be.

Also tried getting the brake working but still doesn't work. Tried cleaning the lines and the master cylinder but it seems like it's loosing pressure from somewhere (not from the line). I've ordered a new master cylinder as well as a lot of other parts.

Also took it down the same trail as in the video I posted. Kinda a dumb idea since i had no brakes. One issue I came across is that my chain kept falling off. It was tight but i'm guessing the tensioner loosened up over time causing my chain to fall off?

the suspension was pretty decent but it is pretty stiff up front.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:08 PM

I would def get the front bulk head mounted the way it should be first
Old 06-25-2013, 01:22 PM

I'm kinda diggin the white frame, and I hate white

Old 06-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Lite Contributor

I'm planning to repaint the whole thing black. I might just paint the roll cage black for now.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Power User

i had the same thought about the white--suits the frame design well ... if these things were around back in the day, it would have made a killer bi-centennial edition ... spirit of '76 spiderbox ...
Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 AM
Lite Contributor

ha ya the white is also growing on me. I think it will look good with a white body and black roll cage. I'm going to paint the floor with herculiner.

Where could I buy the carter front shocks everyone recommends for the spiderbox front suspension?
Old 06-26-2013, 01:19 PM

Ur going to have a very hard time finding carter shocks as they r out of business
Old 06-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Lite Contributor

What would you recommend then?
Old 06-27-2013, 02:07 AM
Lite Contributor

Also found this:

Front by adcoste1320, on Flickr

how would I be able to fit those on the front (spiderbox rear tires)? Would I be able to use the rear hubs and rims for the front or do a I have to get a different size hub and rim?

Last edited by andrew1320; 06-27-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew1320 View Post
how would I be able to fit those on the front (spiderbox rear tires)? Would I be able to use the rear hubs and rims for the front or do a I have to get a different size hub and rim?
You would need to buy hubs to go on the axle stubs, stock stub diameter is 5/8", but the factory ones are cheap and will bend or break, if they haven't already.

Probly the best all around approach, is to cut off the existing stub, and weld in a new grade 8, 3/4" bolt. You will need to drill through both the front and rear of the spindle and run the bolt through, and then weld it on both sides. You can find plenty of 3/4" ID bearing hubs at various suppliers, but I doubt you will find any with the stock yerf bolt pattern, which is 4/110mm, they will most likely be the popular 4/4" bolt pattern, which golf carts and trailers use. If you need, I have some golf cart wheels here I can send you, that will match the tires and hubs. PM me if you want these rims.

Another way( the way I went), is to use weld in trailer axle stubs, I ran 1" spindle, rated at 2k lbs. with high speed tapered roller bearings with the 4/4" pattern. Check my build thread and you can see how massive they look, but I will not have any issues with them, and they are inexpensive for the entire kit.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Power User

another source along the same lines as master's is golf cart hubs and axles, which is what i run. One inch diameter high quality steel, chop the axles off the golf cart spindle and weld them onto yours. the hubs are the same as trailer style 4x4 pattern, tapered bearings, common replacement parts.another benefit of the GC alxes is you also get a wider diameter, beefy shoulder to work with that you can gusset to. i think od is 1 3/8ths
Attached Images
File Type: jpg axle1.jpg (50.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg sarm39.jpg (19.1 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 06-27-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Lite Contributor

mmm, some really good information... Thanks guys.

Well I replaced the master cylinder and the brakes work! I bled the system but it doesn't seem to stop too well. I bought new brake pads, that might resolve the bad braking.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:31 AM
Lite Contributor

so the inevitable happened

Untitled by adcoste1320, on Flickr

The welded (lol) ball joint finally gave up.

also bought some stuff.

also got brake pads but they were too thick and the caliper wouldn't slide into the pads. So I ended using only one new pad... Brakes pretty good now!

Also can't decide whether to go with BD ball joints or heim joints? Is there a DIY for the heim joint setup?

Last edited by andrew1320; 07-03-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:50 AM

Here is one of many threads covering the heim joint upgrade

http://buggymasters.com/forum/showth...ght=heim+joint

I am amazed you were driving that thing around in that condition, lol. My inner gut would have grounded me from day 1 with the bulkhead and a-arms in the condition they were in.

Here, I found another variation of the heims

http://buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=968

And another, this one is a bit extreme, start reading about half way in

http://buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1159

Old 07-03-2013, 01:23 PM

Because the nose of ur front end is sitting incorrectly and lower with that tab holding it up it put more stress on those control arms and ball joints with the geometry being out of wack like that
Old 07-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Lite Contributor

Ya I know. That's going to be the next on the to-do list. Straighten out the front end and either ball joints or heims.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:10 PM

If I had to make a choice, knowing what I know about the BD joints, I would have gone with the heims from the begining. The change in the steering geometry has and will play he!! on the rest of the suspension, and what I mean is the actual joint height vs. the stock joints. The heims are the closest thing you will get to the stock geometry.

That being said, there are things to consider with using heims. They will be exposed to the elements, which will require a little more upkeep than the booted ball joints, unless you drop the coin and get the heim weather boots. Keep in mind the weakest point of the heim joint is going to be the bolt running through the joint, or the stud attached to it. As far as raw strength and articulation, the heims are second to none, and you can always get high misalignment spacers if the stock joint isn't enough, something not heard of with any ball joint.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Power User

on your brake pad issue, did you open up the reservoir cap and use either a c-clamp or a set of channel locks (with a little piece of wood, rag etc. for protection) to push teh piston all the way back into the caliper?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:29 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
on your brake pad issue, did you open up the reservoir cap and use either a c-clamp or a set of channel locks (with a little piece of wood, rag etc. for protection) to push teh piston all the way back into the caliper?
^didn't think about that. definitely will try it out.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:35 AM

You could also crack the line loose at the caliper, keeps the fluid mess to a minimum.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Lite Contributor

Well I already removed the whole line and drained any brake fluid when I changed the pads. Will the piston push any further using a clamp or vise grip?
Old 07-04-2013, 01:23 PM

un screw the reservoir cap or open the bleeder and take ur old pads put them back and use those as ur leverage up against the caliper piston and take ur vise grips and squeeze hard spray some wd40 around the piston cylinder also to help they should sit flush with the caliper itself so both ur new pads go in.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Lite Contributor

Andrew, where did you find the new master cylinder and fluid reservoir?
Old 07-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Lite Contributor

I bought both together for $30 at ********
Old 07-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Lite Contributor

New update guys. Well I bought the BDX front shocks and installation went well until I had a issue with the relocation brackets. The bracket is rubbing against the shock body. Not a big deal, just need to grind down that part. I don't know if it is something that's wrong with my suspension parts but the bdx setup is not a plug and play kit as stated. You will need to grind the relocation brackets.

looks good with the suspension!

Also ordered 20" front tires and a new bulkhead. It's going to be even higher after surgery!

With the balljoint dilemma. For temporary fix on that balljoint that failed, My brother welded up a spare balljoint he had from a civic. He cut off the balljoint off a upper control arm and welded it on the cart. Took it through some abuse and it held up great! Any reasons why civic ball joints won't be a good choice? I think I have enough to change out the original ball joints.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:25 AM
Power User

don't see why not, as long as the weld on the civic tab to the a-arm is good. only other issue to consider is how much angle/travel the civic joint allows compared to what you want to achieve. the ball joints typically become the limiting factor when attempting to convert to a long travel geometry.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Lite Contributor

Going to attempt to use the civic ball joints. Only thing is that they are going to leave some gap between the balljoint and spindle since the ball joints are pretty big. Should be fine I think..

Oh and this is how it looks with 20's and bdx shocks

Definitely going to need some 22's in the back! Also going to have to regear to a 39t sprocket.

Also broke a a-arm mount Bent one of the shocks a little but I bent it back to place a little. Definitely going to strengthen that area too.

Also have issues with the chain popping off whenever I hit a big bump. I think it's something with the tensioner.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:47 AM

It is looking good. Like the big tires and white paint.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Lite Contributor

Just curious why Civic ball joints? Are they cheaper than the BDX HD ball joints or something? I went with the BDX units for my daughters Yerf and couldn't be happier, they work well so far and install very easily (I also had BDX upgrade the a-arms with the 1/4" welded tab).

Is that the BDX hub kit on the front and did you get the tires from them as well?

Last edited by Davcruz; 08-10-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Lite Contributor

Only reason I went with civic ball joints is because I had a pair of upper control arms already. And they only cost $20 a arm. So you could basically get 4 for $80. You cut the arms and leave some metal. I'm going to cut off all the stock ball joint mounting plates and weld the civic ball joints straight on the a-arms.

And yes everything was from Buggy Depot
Old 08-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Power User

chain popping could be a couple things.
sprocket misalignment.
sprocket/chain wear
tensioner working loose
tensioner tab bending
swingarm frame upper bar that the tensioner mounts on bending down.

swingarm issues are common, numerous threads on beefing them up.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:19 AM

How do the BDX shocks feel up front? I was hesitant to get those due to the mixed reviews on their site.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Lite Contributor

They actually feel pretty good. They are a lot softer than the original shocks. Can't wait to throw on the blaster shocks in the rear. It should feel like a new buggy!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Lurker

I added the bigger rim and tires u have on my yerf. I was wondering how the front shocks feel. I need new back shocks but don't know what ones to go woth.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Lite Contributor

The front shocks feel good. They are pretty soft and can be adjusted to be even more soft.

The rears I went with the yamaha blaster shocks. Haven't installed them yet but heard many good things about them.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:35 PM

I have a set of blasters for the back of mine, but still up in the air for the front. Was thinking of picking up another set of blasters for the front, but still mulling it over.

Can you make an assumption on whether the BDX shocks would handle trail riding effectively?

Old 08-13-2013, 11:42 PM
Lite Contributor

I heard that the blasters in the front would be too stiff. You might also have to mod the mounting spots too since the blasters are really long.

I think it would. I do more slow offroading but I also do some trail runs here and there. It soaks up the bumps pretty good.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:59 PM

Keep up the good work andrew
Old 09-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Lite Contributor

Sorry for not updating you guys. Been very busy with work and never had time for the yerfy. Had some time this week and got some stuff done. Got 22's in the back and a lot more parts. Front end is currently off and waiting for some reconstruction.

here we are test fitting the new spiderbox

how it is sitting now...

Old 09-21-2013, 08:36 PM

Be sure to have the bulkhead beefed up in the control arm mount tab areas, these are prone to breaking on impacts. Not sure if you knew, bu the 'tongue' portion up front attaches at a slightly upward angle, somewhere around 9-10 degrees from level. Would not be a bad idea to add some bracing while you are there, gussets on the sides and a 'spine' connecting it to the frame are pretty common.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks for the tips. Was going to add tabs on the arm mount spots but the bolts are to short with added metal tabs.

How would I connect a spine to the frame? pics would be helpful!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Lite Contributor

alright well the time has come, the front end of the buggy is complete!

My brother welded all the weak spots on the spiderbox. so hopefully nothing will break, crack or bend anymore!

Honda civic ball joints

these things shouldn't break.

one issue we had with the civic ball joints was that they were too big to fit the spindles without making the a arms uneven. Had to shorten the spindles to make the a arms even.

and there she is

next on the list:
rear shock upgrade
36T sprocket
fenders
yellow spring
10g rollers
and maybe reverse?
Old 10-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Lite Contributor

moved the headlights lower because a lot of the light was hitting the front end of the yerfy and it didnt work so well

Old 10-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

Looking much better now. Nice work.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:19 PM

I like it I need to move mine in the same spot, did u try them out at night time at that level??
Old 10-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Lite Contributor

I haven't use them at night yet. Can't wait though! My bro's coolster has them in the same position and the light output is pretty good.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:44 PM

IDK about the light placement, if you end up in a trail at night, you may not have enough light on the front end to see obstacles and avoid holes and such. Let us know either way though.

I see you shortened the spindle itself to fit those ball joints in. I was wondering why it looked a bit off. The front end definitely looks a lot batter with the bulkhead back in its proper location.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:33 PM

I must have missed a few updates, I do have one concern about the ball joints, and that is the sheet metal tabs on the control arms. These are known to tear off from the control arms. Other than that, it all looks pretty solid.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
IDK about the light placement, if you end up in a trail at night, you may not have enough light on the front end to see obstacles and avoid holes and such. Let us know either way though.

I see you shortened the spindle itself to fit those ball joints in. I was wondering why it looked a bit off. The front end definitely looks a lot batter with the bulkhead back in its proper location.
Ya I guess having light to see the front tires is good in some way, but the placement I first had focused way too much light on the front end and I wasn't really able to see much ahead.

Quote:
I must have missed a few updates, I do have one concern about the ball joints, and that is the sheet metal tabs on the control arms. These are known to tear off from the control arms. Other than that, it all looks pretty solid.
I cut off the stock metal tabs on the control arms. This is what I did:

CA-TR-BT-107R-1100-Map by adcoste1320, on Flickr

I cut from there and welded the ball joint with the tab straight on there.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Heavy Contributor

How's the build going? I was wondering...
Could you drop some links for...

1) the 4x4 front wheel brackets
2) the wheels
3)the front suspension

Thnx
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFauxFox View Post

2) the wheels
3)the front suspension

Thnx
I think these may work for you Fox
http://www.*************/Wheel-Hubs_c_304.html
http://www.*************/8-x-7-Rim-4-on-4_p_1559.html
Old 11-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Heavy Contributor

LOL, Thanks nick! I LITERALLY just went onto BMI karts and found those exact items and thought "this would work!"

^_^
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:

2) the wheels
3)the front suspension

Thnx
Front end has been discontinued. It was offered by BD, I called them and they are no longer carrying these kits and there are no replacements ATM.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Lite Contributor

Ya I originally got all the parts you listed from BD. Good thing I got them before they went out of stock
Old 11-03-2013, 09:30 PM

Lucky ba*****! I was ready to order a kit when I called.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Lite Contributor

I ordered the suspension like 2 months ago. Had to wait a good 2 weeks before they had them in stock.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Lite Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4JDz...ature=youtu.be

go kart surprisingly pulled my brother and I up some pretty steep hills with 22" rears and stock sprocket setup.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:42 PM

looks like fun, glad you got it up and running.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:33 AM

Couple things. HELMETS!
The light placement looks pretty good, just enough to see the wheels and also light up the trail.
Those shocks appear to soak up quite a bit in the front end, not a bad kit, if they were still available......

Old 11-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Supporting Vendor

Great video, where are you ridding?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Couple things. HELMETS!
The light placement looks pretty good, just enough to see the wheels and also light up the trail.
Those shocks appear to soak up quite a bit in the front end, not a bad kit, if they were still available......
I need to get seat belts first

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SlickNick View Post
looks like fun, glad you got it up and running.
very fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
Great video, where are you ridding?
It's actually in my bro's backyard. We live in the same community and I drive the buggy to his place. It's basically the trails construction workers used to set up the plumbing for everything before the community was built.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:32 PM

Nice video how's ur ass after riding in those seats lol
Old 11-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Lite Contributor

It's absolutely fine lol. I used to have all sorts of pain going through the trails with a go kart without suspension.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Supporting Vendor

If you are still looking for seat belts give me a call 662-301-1563, PM, or email me . I have a set of brand new 4 point.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Lite Contributor

Had some fun in the snow Videos soon to come!

Old 01-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Heavy Contributor

OMG those pictures, I swear to god they look fake. Incredible work, my friend. Looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!! And where'd you get that seat cover? It doesn't look like the stock JEGs cover?
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
OMG those pictures, I swear to god they look fake. Incredible work, my friend. Looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!! And where'd you get that seat cover? It doesn't look like the stock JEGs cover?
Thanks man. It's called HDR. I sometimes get carried away with the editing haha.

I think I bought it from summit racing. Does the job!

Oh and the left light is sitting different is because it's broken. My parking is uphill and my brothers car was on there and the go cart was behind it. the car slid down and the back bumper ended up on my front tire and headlight... Thank goodness no major damage was done to my go kart or his car..

Last edited by andrew1320; 01-29-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Heavy Contributor

Haha. Now that I have my Mac, it comes with iPhoto, so I touched up all of my previous vacation pics (all...freaking...271...of...them...) and some looked much better, and others looked like they came out of a disco club ad the colors were so messed up. I was wondering why the buggy stood out so much, looks like HDR went nuts with sharpness! Interesting with the seat cover, will definitely look into it...
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:52 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew1320 View Post
Thanks man. It's called HDR. I sometimes get carried away with the editing haha.

I think I bought it from summit racing. Does the job!

Oh and the left light is sitting different is because it's broken. My parking is uphill and my brothers car was on there and the go cart was behind it. the car slid down and the back bumper ended up on my front tire and headlight... Thank goodness no major damage was done to my go kart or his car..
For those of us challenged in the new technology , what does HDR stand for.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Heavy Contributor

HDR=High Dynamic Range. Basically your camera takes the picture a buncha different ways (not really sure how it DOES work) and combines the different ways into one (typically) good looking final picture. Sometimes it yields no difference, other times it makes a picture look great, others, it makes the pic look "off."
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
HDR=High Dynamic Range. Basically your camera takes the picture a buncha different ways (not really sure how it DOES work) and combines the different ways into one (typically) good looking final picture. Sometimes it yields no difference, other times it makes a picture look great, others, it makes the pic look "off."
^ correct. Camera takes the same pictures with different apertures and exposures.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Heavy Contributor

yep. there ya go. I'm sure that there are other super techy people here, but if you've got computer issues, pm me. LOL I'm pretty good with that stuff.
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 02-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Lite Contributor

So it snowed here again, and I took the yerfy out again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGtwb...re=c4-overview
Old 02-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Lite Contributor

heres another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK1Ty...DVuRcb4wSmDbDw

Last edited by andrew1320; 02-13-2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: sry for double post
Old 02-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Supporting Vendor

I need to go warm up now!!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Power User

nice andrew, way to ride no matter what. btw, there's a curb under that stuff ))))

tom re. pics (if you ever shot much)...think good ol fujichrome gold slide film ... damn that stuff was nice for metallics at sunset!

meantime, i think we finally have too much snow for me to ride, (have about 12 inches under hard crust + the 14 that came down today) plus the fact that the rock has no hubs or chains on it at the moment = jonesin!

Last edited by x-bird; 02-13-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:49 PM
Heavy Contributor

Wow! Cool riding! And x-bird, if you could just drop off all of the snow where I am, that would be nice. We got about .25 in of ice, and then about 1in this morning/last night and it looked pretty, the road was covered, and LITERALLY 2 hours later, the roads were clear and it all melted except a few patches and some ice. THIS, my friends, is the south. LOL
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:34 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Wow! Cool riding! And x-bird, if you could just drop off all of the snow where I am, that would be nice. We got about .25 in of ice, and then about 1in this morning/last night and it looked pretty, the road was covered, and LITERALLY 2 hours later, the roads were clear and it all melted except a few patches and some ice. THIS, my friends, is the south. LOL
Yep! we get an inch! Everyone in absolute panic! Total road congestion with people slip, sliden and crashing away! regular demolition derby out there! Next day the roads are melted and clear. Then everyone goes out to drag their mess out of ditches and life goes on. They'll do the same the next time it snows an inch. Only in the south!!!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:05 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
Yep! we get an inch! Everyone in absolute panic! Total road congestion with people slip, sliden and crashing away! regular demolition derby out there! Next day the roads are melted and clear. Then everyone goes out to drag their mess out of ditches and life goes on. They'll do the same the next time it snows an inch. Only in the south!!!
Yep. When we had our "storm" earlier this year, Atlanta learned their lesson with people sitting in their cars like u guys. This week, everyone actually STAYED OFF THE ROADS and we all worked out just find. Charlotte didn't seem to get that example and they pulled an Atlanta. LOL that's what I"m calling it now.

When you go out on the highways during the snowstorm despite gov. and NWS pleas, you are pulling an Atlanta.
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Power User

Ya'll can have every bit of it! coming down as freezing rain right now with another 4-6 inches expected tonight and more over the weekend. wife has my truck 40 miles north in the mtns at work til late morning tomorrow and i spun the front rim on the tractor, sheared the valve stem and am without my snow clearing machine to open up the biz tomorrow and i also have my daughter, who's off from school for about the 8th time to deal with while trying to fix and open everything. thankfully, i'm going to FL tues--throw the truck on the autotrain and snooze .... you best keep the sunshine bottled and waiting for me!
Old 02-14-2014, 05:56 AM

Supposed to be 70 and sunny, subject to change without notice though, cause that's FL. Don't like the weather, wait 20 minutes.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Supposed to be 70 and sunny, subject to change without notice though, cause that's FL. Don't like the weather, wait 20 minutes.
As someone that has lived in South Florida for almost 8 years, I have to say it doesn't get any closer to the truth than this statement.
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 03-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Lite Contributor

Got the 3" spacers for the rear. It looks so much better and I can also go with wider tires in the rear if needed . Drove it around and rear axle hasn't given me any trouble. I let my buddy drive it and he went over a fallen tree a little too fast. The whole rear end went up in the air and landed pretty hard (axle is still fine though!!).

before

after

The pigs came knocking on my door for driving the kart around the house (was testing the new spacers). I "barely" went on the roads (that bad turning radius) and he got me for that. He didn't see give me a ticket because he didn't see me do it. It was most likely some nothing-better-to-do neighbors called to complain.

Was planning on selling it but I think I'm going to keep it. I put too much time and money into it to get rid of.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:39 PM

I hate people like that. Luckily I have coolish neighbors, even though I live in a development. Most of the old ladies just wave as I blast by.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:13 PM

That sucks. I got pulled over last year about a mile from my house, but that is only because I was doing some doughnuts in an empty field by a gas station. The officer said we wasn't going to mess with me, but there were to many people outside that day and he had to set an example that he did enforce the law. no ticket though. Also I had my 6 year old niece with me.
My neighbors are really cool too. I think the fact that they normally see one of my boys in his wheel chair and when they see how he loves riding in the buggy - they just smile and wave.

So get some cute kids, do the speed limit, and smile and wave. That should work.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Lite Contributor

I was actually taking all my nephews and nieces (ages 1-10) around the house with it. I actually get a lot of waves. My close neighbors are really nice too. I give rides to their kids from time to time. It's just other people from the community that are grumps lol.

It was a mistake on my part because I drove it around my house for a little too long. It probably drew a lot of attention. I used to drive it to my brother's house (on the street; takes 3 mins) all the time and never had issues.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:58 PM

Default All in!

Thank goodness I live in a neighborhood full of "toys" everybody just rolls with it!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:00 PM

P.S. I'm really starting to dig the looks of these Spiderbox's! I might just have to get one eventually as a 2 seater project!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:02 PM

P.S. I'm really starting to dig the looks of these Spiderbox"s I might get one eventually for a 2 seater project!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 07:08 PM
Lite Contributor

I'm sorry to say that I had to say goodbye to my yerfie

(really crappy goodbye picture)

20140515_194356 by adcoste1320, on Flickr

Looking into getting something bigger and better
Old 05-15-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
P.S. I'm really starting to dig the looks of these Spiderbox"s I might get one eventually for a 2 seater project!!!
Here you go Bear http://youngstown.craigslist.org/sno/4468384600.html
Old 05-15-2014, 07:30 PM

That is a shame.... What are you thinking about getting?