BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 01-10-2014, 11:57 PM
Lurker

Default Which Carb Should I Get for a 110cc Buggy? Any Idea's?

I am a little confused as which carb to buy. I rebuilt one that came off of a 110cc Jackel ATV and I'm pretty sure it will work no prob because I am using the head off of it to. However, I am going to be rebuilding that ATV next and I thought that since it has a manual choke on the carb and the buggy has a cable for it I should just buy a new carb with a place for a cable choke. I have no idea to which carb it originally had on it as I bought it with no carb (half the reason why I got the guy to throw in the quad for a few extra $$).

Here are pics of the ATV's carb that I have

Since most models are the same price I figured I would just use this one on the ATV and buy one that is a better fit for the Buggy. The Choke cable is on the drivers side and the gas cable goes down the passengers side.

I'm confused mainly with the numbers. I see on eBay and Amazon that there are z16-z22 models. From the 16 on this one I'm guess its a z16??

I measured the carb intake port on the head and it measured 22mm so would I need a z22? Does this make that big of a difference?

I am confused by this and just want to make sure I buy the right one. Anyone know which z-model I should get?
Old 01-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Supporting Vendor

If the carb matches the intake 95% it should be good. The carb you have is a Mikuni and they don't get any better than a Mikuni.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:45 AM
Lurker

Awesome! Thanks Sycarms for the advice and letting me know that the one I have is a real good one. I had no idea. Guess I'll just keep this one instead of replacing it with a $20 cheap-o