BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 03-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Lite Contributor

Default SunL 150 / Gy6 - Broken Chain Adjuster & Possible Ext. Gearbox Mount Upgrade

From what I was told by the guy that I bought it from is that when the original owner flipped the buggy it broke off the chain adjuster portion of the engine casting so he rigged up a "hanger" type of aduster that more or less craddles the shape of the lower portion of the engine case. It works, but I don't like how it is slowly wearing into the case. I have thought about fabricating a similar device but shaping it to match the case better and also trying to use some of the pockets & holes in the casting as secondary supports / mounts but some of the areas look pretty thin and I don't want to make it worse. Also, has anybody ever added more brackets to strengthen up the way the external gearbox is mounted. To me the original design looks alittle weak. Any suggestions on these 2 items? Thanks for everyones input.

Last edited by kittletstv; 03-05-2014 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:10 PM

I was looking through Jersey Devil's FB page and saw this. Maybe it will help.
https://www.facebook.com/jerseydevil...4539882&type=3
Old 03-05-2014, 12:45 PM

I had similar issue with the Dazon I bought, instead of forking over $$ to get an upgraded mount, I fabbed my own. The Dazon came with the clamp style mount that goes around the end of the case, instead of just the top hole in the case like the Yerf's did.

I made my mount from 3/16" plate available form HD, and welded another piece of 1.5" angle to the top to box in one side, and cut it down till it fit properly. Added a grade 8 bolt and threaded the rest down to the head, drilled hole in top of mount, and welded bolt through on top and bottom. Took it out for a thrashing this weekend and it still looks new. Still need to remove and paint, and will be done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-02-25 18.38.02.jpg (93.6 KB, 19 views)

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks for the help Masteryota. Could you take another picture and send it to me whenever you pull it off to paint it so that I can get a better mental picture of how it looks? It sounds like exactly what I need to do for my buggy. Thanks again
Old 03-07-2014, 11:53 AM

Nice fab work there"Yota" man! looks stronger than my original!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittletstv View Post
Thanks for the help Masteryota. Could you take another picture and send it to me whenever you pull it off to paint it so that I can get a better mental picture of how it looks? It sounds like exactly what I need to do for my buggy. Thanks again
Sure can, might take it off this weekend if I can find the time.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'