BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 06-28-2014, 10:33 PM

Default trail tech vapor

im really looking for a nice speedo setup for the hammerhead im sick of holding my phone for a gps speedo its a pain and gps while in the trails is laggy. so im thinking of this for herbie the hammerhead

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRAIL-TECH-V...ea5bc8&vxp=mtr

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:47 AM
Heavy Contributor

make sure this kit comes with the 12mm temp sensor. you'll need this size to fit a gy6. there's threads covering the trail tech that include the correct kit number for adapting to the gy6
Old 06-29-2014, 08:05 AM

Yes it does I spent hours last night looking for threads on it. Not to many pics or descriptions though where people put the magnent and speed sensor thats probally going to be the hardest part figuring out where to mount them.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:39 AM

comes with 12mm temp sensor people have posted either 10mm or 12mm ??

Old 06-29-2014, 08:43 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmansracerocket View Post
Yes it does I spent hours last night looking for threads on it. Not to many pics or descriptions though where people put the magnent and speed sensor thats probally going to be the hardest part figuring out where to mount them.
two ways to do the speed sensor.
first is to use the supplied bracket and modify it to mount on a front wheel hub and glue the magnet to the wheel. personally I don't prefer this method. the mount is prone to get hit out of alignment and glued on wheel magnets have been known to get torn off or lost. plus if you ever have to replace or change the wheel you will need another magnet.
2nd way is to use the rear brake rotor. A magnetic bolt is supplied in the kits. Swap out one of the brake rotor mounting bolts with the magnetic bolt. then fashion a bracket to hold the pickup then weld or clamp to the frame.
the bracket shown is for a yerf swing arm. the brackets is positioned to get a good trigger off the rotor bolt then welded in place. This method places the sensor up in the swing arm protected.

The temp sensor is a thermal washer that replaces the crush washer on the spark plug. A gy6 150 plug is 12mm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 233.jpg (95.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 234.jpg (92.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 237.jpg (89.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-30-2014, 12:10 AM

ckau u the man its on its way baby

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280882731976...84.m1439.l2649

its ordered I hope I get it by Thursday to tinker with over the weekend.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:08 AM
Heavy Contributor

Yeah, I love my vapor. The temp sensor was no good on mine, but the replacement has worked fine. I bought the indicator dash to go with it, but probably won't hook it up.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 06-30-2014, 09:28 AM

Im glad now I wilm be able to get an accurate speed, engine temperature, and a rpm reading those 3 r really key

Old 07-05-2014, 12:15 PM

dammit the temp sensor is 10mm, had to order a 10mm sensor cable, going outside to start getting if mounted

Old 07-05-2014, 03:31 PM

well I had to order wire extensions for every sensor, temp, speedo, and need to find where I can just buy some signal wire to extend it for the tach. but its mounted and I out the magnet bolt in the rear disc brake by replacing one of the 4 bolts with it. I ran the power wire straight to the battery with no fuse wasn't necessary from what the directions said but I rather it take the tiny juice cant hurt. hopefully it will be all hooked up next weekend.