BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 07-09-2012, 10:55 PM

Default identify this buggy

http://longisland.craigslist.org/rvs/2987959703.html

im thinking about checking this buggy out, the guy says its a 147cc??? and the front sticker says runmaster? it looks like either a blade or a kinroad runmaster? im sure some one will know. I like the fact this one has reverse, speedo, top fill tank, better suspension travel, cushion bucket seat, 4 point harness, tire fenders, and im sure better turning radius then my yerf 3206, if i buy this i would have to sell the yerf , but i feel like i ride by myself 90 percent of the time anyway and would like the single seater better. Just want to see if anyone has opinions on this.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Lite Contributor

Looks like a dazon 150 single seat or similar.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:02 AM

yeah as long as it has a gy6 engine i might scoop it up
Old 07-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Lite Contributor

yes they have the gy6 engines. i have had several of these single seat 150's and they are fun. enjoy
Old 07-10-2012, 04:59 AM
Contributor

I'd offer 700.00, but if it runs, and everything major works, I might go 850.00, but I'd certainly get him off the 41K price tag.
Should be a lot of fun!

It's got the GY6 engine.....a ported and polished head could be in your future Grasshopper...LOL
Old 07-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Supporting Vendor

Looks like a Kinroad, great buggy and the most fun to drive. My single seat Blade is my favorite buggy.As Kliff said if it runs get him to come down on the price but if it don't run lowball him reguardless of the story your told as to how it run great before the kids parked it, for this is the most common story people are told. The last year Kinroad imported the single seat was 2007 but by the looks of the small dash it is a 2004-2005 model, 2006 they had the larger dash with cigarette lighter, auxilary lights on cage with fuel gauge. There are lots of mods for the engine and can be made into a screemer. It will ride like a caddy compared to the yerf.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:01 AM

It stinks because I've got a lot of money into the spiderbox already and wouldn't sell it for less then $ 1,000
Old 07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Contributor

Gotta learn to put "disposeable funds" into a buggy. Cause, unfirtunately, you seldom get more than 80% on return, and I've seen some not get 50%. So when you upgrade, remember to watch your dollars.
On the other hand, if most of your upgrades are in the engine, just swap them out, and sell the yerfie with the stock engine, and keep your power house in the single seat. Just a thought, as I really don't know where you invested your money the heaviest in your yerf.
If you Yerf is clean, and looks good, you never know...this is the seller's season. Buy the single seat, and ask for 1100.00 on the Yerf....who knows, you might get lucky!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Supporting Vendor

Like anything in life unless collectable you will loose money when selling. I know guys who put big bucks into street rods but never get out what they put in. If you enjoy something and have the cash its worthwhile since it gives you the pleasure. The important thing to remember when you sell is that if patient you will most of the time get close to what you ask. Most people look for deals from people desperate to sell. If you are not desperate, with a bank of over 350 million someone will come by and pay the price. Remember the comparable factor. You may be looking at 2 identicle buggies, one for 300.00 or one for 1000.00. Compare, the one for 300 may be junk but then again the person may need to make a mortgage payment or something and is desperate. I still don't think a 1000.00 for a buggy is too much if in good shape. Now compare to one of the 1300.00 new buggies online, does the quality compare to the 7 year old buggy for 1000.00? True prices for new buggies have come down since the economy took a dump but the reason is due to cutting corners and thus creating a cheaper product.

Last edited by SYCARMS; 07-10-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: adding content
Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 AM

Yes completely know the feeling of a mortgage, I think I'll take a look at it and decide I'll take a little loss on the yerf but don't want to be taking a huge loss on it basically if I buy this one I want to be able to cover the purchase by selling the yerf
Old 07-10-2012, 01:13 PM

I got a lot of work done so far to the yerf, hdx spindles and ball joints,20x7x8 front tires with wheel hubs and just put better bearings in the hubs, the 22x11x8 rear tires just came in, new battery, new spark plug, new ignition wire with matching cdi box, hammerhead exhuast, uni intake, cleaned out the entire steering rack, just finished sanding the drivers side floor getting ready for fresh paint. also have the 10 gram rollers and 1500rpm spring in box new. So its tuff to let it go as I'm still making it a better buggy
Old 07-10-2012, 01:17 PM

Also forgot brand new carb with new manifold, changed engine and gear oil also. All four a arms with reinforcement from bd also to match the ball joints, so its tuff I feel like I got all the heavy duty parts for the yerf now.

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 07-10-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Heavy Contributor

Wow, you have a lot into your yerf, I don't know if I'd give it up just yet... but if you still have the stock axle in the back you'll be changing that out one day also. Either way you go you'll have a good buggy.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:29 PM

Yeah that's why I feel it would be tough to let it go unless I got 1k for it and the thing is a beast off road with these mods
Old 07-10-2012, 07:12 PM

posted last month i picked up 2 dazon 150 single seater for $900 and only had to buy 1 reverse cable and was good to go that was on a wed. and a guy bought my quad on that fri. he low balled me as i was asking 1500 for the quad and he baught it for 1000 but that paid for both buggys and the price of gas to go get them so sometimes its just a trade off like that as long as you get what you want in the end
Old 07-10-2012, 08:35 PM

i guess so im just not willing to take $500 less like u did theres no way im taking that much off, thats like almost selling the yerf for 500 bucks thats not happening, people in my area are asking more then $500 for manco dingo, yerf dogs with no suspenion, and other ones that are just that quick square chassis with 4 little off road tires tiny ass seat and the engine right in the back asking $500-550. so i just have some thinking to do. Theres still a bunch of stuff i wanted to do to the yerf, speedo/tach, fenders, reverse, seat cover for cushion, and cut extra teeth into rack. All of that this other buggy has already, so that's why im deciding on it.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Supporting Vendor

Go look at it and see what shape it is in then see how low he will go, but don't go there with no money, you have to be ready to deal on the spot. If it is in good shape it is a well made buggy. Mine is a 2004 and I abuse it. I have never had to replace a spindle, hub, a-arm nothing but normal wear items. Get the yerf looking pretty and if patient you can get close to what your asking and if a good salesman you should get your asking price but it will have to be almost new looking and turn the key and drive condition.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Power User

its a shame people don't put up better pics on CL. from the looks of it, 1 cracked fender, those seats when worn in can be painful (just ask my pelvis about that!) the same 4 points i have and they loosen up quickly as I ride, front end travel is limited by the lower a-arm being mounted inside and under the front floorpan, rear shocks look a bit crusty (hard to tell) ... you could easily get a hold of this only to find you're further behind than you are on your yerf.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
its a shame people don't put up better pics on CL. from the looks of it, 1 cracked fender, those seats when worn in can be painful (just ask my pelvis about that!) the same 4 points i have and they loosen up quickly as I ride, front end travel is limited by the lower a-arm being mounted inside and under the front floorpan, rear shocks look a bit crusty (hard to tell) ... you could easily get a hold of this only to find you're further behind than you are on your yerf.
yes i called the owner and talked to him, said fender was cracked, he said overall that was it. I still havent even made the attempt to go look at it, ive been to busy working on the yerf and these new parts i have for the yerf i think im going to just keep it. I have all brand new! and heavy duty parts on it to give it up now would be tuff. Im hoping to get the buggy back together tomorrow and give u guys some updated pics of it. I just got a sick deal on fenders for the yerf also that i will have by the end of this week, cant wait really need them lol, and then i think i should put a speedo/tach on it to see what shes doing.