BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Lurker

Default no spark on my carter brother gtr250

Hello folks, I just joined this site and was hoping someone could help me with a problem on my 2007 Carter Brother GTR250. In a nutshell, it stopped running. I did a bit of checking and finally realized that I am getting no spark what-so-ever. I'm aware that Carter Brothers burned down so I am at a loss who to contact for assistance. I'm thinking its the CDI unit but am not sure. Is this a common problem and any thoughts on where I can get parts? Thx
Old 07-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Heavy Contributor

Start by checking your ignition switch. If the contacts corrode or fail, the CDI will not get power. I assume you already checked fuses? Eric at Mc Donough Powesports has parts for your SYM engine.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Lurker

Default fuzes

I checked the fuses and they were fine. The engine turns over it just isn't sending out a spark. If the ignition switch is bad will the engine still turn over?
thx
Old 07-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Lurker

Hi I had the same problem recently but with my yerf dog . It turned over but there was no spark . So I started testing the stator and that was fine . I got to the cdi nothing so I bought new one. I put it in and nothing to the coil. Just by chance I check the continuity of both the wires going to the coil and one of the wires had pull out of the connector just enough not to make contact. I hope this helps.

Al