BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 07-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Lurker

Default Another noob with a spiderbox, Bonney lake, Wa

Hey kids, thanks for having me. I've had some kinroads, yerf dogs and dingos.
I have a few questions I can't find answers for here yet about my spiderbox. I would like to gut my exhaust or at least increase outflow. I'm running a little rich and have ordered some new jets but I would like to loosen up the exhaust a little. Also I have gen 1 or 2 front end and I was wondering if I could just order some top A arms to make them even. This is so I can ad a lift kit later.
Thanks for your time.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Supporting Vendor

The best mod to the exhaust is done accordingly.First thing is to remove the muffler and with a die grinder remove the excess weld restricting the flow in header pipe. Note some pipes are better than others but the vast majority needed to be cleaned up. Next step is at the rear of muffler. Using a hack saw cut off the 1/2" id tail as close to muffler as possible. Drive a piece of 1/2" wood dowel rod into the tail, this will allow the use of a 1" hole saw by acting as a pilot. Drill out the rear of muffler using the 1" hole saw. Next get you a piece 2"-3" long of 1 1/4" od electrical conduit. If you know any electricians they would have some scraps. Drive the conduit into the rear of muffler than weld in place. If no welder take to a muffler shop and they will weld it. You will have released the excessive back pressure and give you a low throaty sound. Noise level will increase slightly. Note, removing the inner muffler baffles will only hurt your performance and give you a very loud buggy. Oh, and welcome to the addiction.

Last edited by SYCARMS; 07-13-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:40 PM
Lurker

Thanks for the answers on the muffler. Without a picture I'm just not getting it. Heck, I'm just an ignorant truck driver. I was wondering about emptying out the muffler and packing it with glass.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:03 AM
Supporting Vendor

Give me a call 662-301-1563 and I'll walk you through it. Much easier than cutting open muffler to pack with glass and re welding for it will not work.