BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 09-14-2016, 12:34 PM
Contributor

Default Fuel Petcock Manual On Off Or Vacuum????

Hi,

Recently I had a failed manual petcock leak like crazy. So I am wondering what is suggested, go with the vacuum style or the manual on off.

I have heard that the vacuum style can rob valuable vacuum and also fail to leak into the engine when off.

Charles

Guang Max 150
All stock but to be like Buggy 1 with all koso cvt.

Roketa 150
Complete tear down building port/polished 61mm NCY head, 62mm cylinder, A12 Cam, 28mm carb, straight through exhaust, 8 pole stator, possibly 2.5 stroker, painting frame, adding plastic including doors and rzr seats.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:45 PM

Are you sure u didn't cross thread the threads, also I use fuel tape on the threads works like a charm. Stay with a manual petcock, why not bring the fitting back to the hardware store for.an exchange?

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:31 PM
Contributor

It is actually leaking out the turn switch. The manual one was already on the buggy when I got it.

However, I that most options for buggies call for a vacuum operated. So I am wondering if it is better performing with the vacuum or is it is better to go with the manual?

Guang Max 150

Roketa 150
Complete tear down building port/polished 61mm NCY head, 62mm cylinder, A12 Cam, 28mm carb, straight through exhaust, 8 pole stator, possibly 2.5 stroker, painting frame, adding plastic including doors and rzr seats.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:25 AM

I already told you the vacuum style is a nicer setup.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:53 AM
Contributor

Jmans

I am confused, I thought you said 'Stay with a manual petcock'?

To clarify, are you saying vacuum is better and if so why?

Guang Max 150

Roketa 150
Old 09-15-2016, 11:07 AM

sorry if I'm confusing you then, a manual petcock is when you manually turn the handle to flow fuel or cut it off. The vacuum style relies on air vacuum and sometimes can be problematic. The last 3 buggies I owned I switched to a " manual petcock". There's one with a 90 degree nipple on the feed or if you want one that's a straight feed just depends on your setup and how your tank is mounted. I'm guessing you have stock fuel tank so I've used these before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEEL-FUEL-V...lUqzbL&vxp=mtr

Old 09-15-2016, 11:10 AM

and heres your straight line petcock, its nice that they have the 1/4 inch nipple. You can then slip a clear fuel line hose on 1/4 thick, and slap on a 1/4 fuel filter. Your carb doesn't have a 1/4 nipple for the fuel feed but u can slip a little piece of rubber on the nipple then slid the fuel line over it and tighten it down.

http://www.throttleaddiction.com/1-4...-black-handle/

Old 09-15-2016, 02:02 PM
Contributor

Thank you for the info. I will go with manual on both buggies I own. I was just surprised how many were set up with vacuum and how most available are the vacuum.

Guang Max 150

Roketa 150
Old 09-15-2016, 02:28 PM

every buggy ive seen so far has had a vacuum style petcock. that's why I like the manual better.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:57 PM
Contributor

Yep. That is why I wondered if it was necessary for this type of engine gy6 being that most have it.

Guang Max 150

Roketa 150