BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-10-2017, 05:20 AM
Lurker

Default CVT cooling fan? has it been done?

I found on amazon: 40mm x 40mm x 10mm 4010 12V 0.15A Brushless DC Cooling Fan

I plan to use this to force air into the CVT cover via the opening in the front. i plan to snorkel the intake and may even create a powered exhaust as this is a 2 pack of fans. has anyone done this before? photos?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cooling fan.jpg (79.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-10-2017, 07:46 AM
Heavy Contributor

Haven't heard of anyone doing it. But curious, why need fans? Is the CVT getting that hot? I've never had an issue with it getting to hot. Cool idea, but just wondering if your having issue with it over heating?
Old 04-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Lurker

I had a belt snap on me after regearing and jetting. I want to prevent it happening again. I cannot find a 759 belt that is better then oem so I am trying to improve the conditions the belt lives in. I also may have gotten water into the cvt so by forcing air in will create hi pressure in the case hopefully keeping water out...maybe
Old 04-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Heavy Contributor

I haven't used a fan on the CVT yet but I plan to. It's one of those little projects I haven't got around to. But I do have a fan on the oil cooler. Fabbed a mini radiator shroud mounting the fan to blow through the cooler. A toggle on the dash for on /off. Works great especially at low speeds where there's not a lot of air flowing. According to the trail tech head temp reading, at hot idle flipping the fan on drops the head temp aproximatly 6 degree's depending on ambient air temps. Plus where the cooler is located, behind my right shoulder, there's no radiant heat coming forwards on my shoulder. Down side.. it picks up dust and pollen which means periodic cleaning. you can see dust on the fan blades. The backside of the cooler has a stranded aluminum rock guard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 252.jpg (96.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 254.jpg (99.2 KB, 22 views)
Old 04-10-2017, 06:31 PM

Nice looking buggy ^^^^^^

U got more pics of that bad boy?

I like the dual rear disc set up. And your battery location is much different
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 04-11-2017, 06:58 AM
Power User

doing anything to help the belt and clutch run cooler is a worthwhile deal, whether you're hitting issues or not. snorkeling the air intake up higher into cleaner air away from the rear tire and using a better flowing air cleaner is an easy start.