BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Mini Buggy Reviews

Mini Buggy Reviews Want to share your experience with a particular buggy? Do it here!

Old 11-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Default BuggyMasters Review: Roadmaster 150cc

This machine has actually been a good one to gain some good experience on in the general buggy world. I can't say that it is much different than many other standard buggies in general but this machine and the big yellow 150cc that we had prove something that I have said before:

All buggies are not created equal.

This particular model is made by Fuxim. We have had one other machine (little jeap looking go kart) made by them as well and it was of standard quality. The reason for the saying, however, is that it is machines like this that show you differences between bigger manufacturers and smaller manufacturers.

For example, this is a stand run-of-the-mill buggy. 150cc GY6, bucket seats, 22's on the back, disks up front and back but this one just isn't as fast as any of our more common branded ones such as Hammerhead or American Sportworks (ASW). I don't know if it is in the camming, compression ratio, or what but run this against any of our other machines, and this one will be bringing up the rear. That's not to say that it is a slug, but the more common branded machines just run better. However, this machine is generally available cheaper than your bigger branded machines. Seems the "you get what you pay for" theory may hold true in China buggies. Certainly not the case all the time, but certainly the case this time.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad machine. It will get the job done just fine as it has all the ammenities that any of the big brand machines do, but after owning one of these, you will appreciate the power found on most other machines.

Pros: Typically priced cheaper than others
Cons: Not as much power as the more common brands

Overall BuggyMasters Rating: 6 out of 10
Old 11-22-2009, 05:44 PM

beautiful!
-gutted exaust
-extended lugs
-headlights
-reflectors
-my stickers
-adjusted suspension
-ground out hubs