BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 06-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Lurker

Default torque converter, keeping it from starting?

Hi, I am totally frustrated with this buggy..It's a 150cc mini dune buggy type,it'smanfactured by a company who no longer does business in the US. Sometimes it will start right up, other times it will click at solenoid, and also has a starter relay,that will also click at times...Most often it just turns over real slow,like the battery is dead...I have replaced, battery, starter,solenoid,voltage regulator...Sometimes if i bump the buggy backward just a fraction,it will start turning over at a normal speed and start...if you barely move it, and shut it off, your right back to the problems listed above...I loosened the TAV cover, the pullies and belt are spinning when i am trying to start it..Is this suppose to be happenning, or is this whats "dragging" down the motor? Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated...I have been working on this since last July..I am out of ideas, money, and mostly patience!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:36 PM

I wish I had some advice for you, but I am new to the 150cc buggies. Hopefully someone will chime in with an answer. Good luck and remember patience is a virtue. I don't have much either LOL.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:13 PM
Lite Contributor

Have you lubricated the bushing to prevent the vehicle from moving at idle?