BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 07-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Lurker

Default Roketa GK-13 Oil Lines

Hello Everyone, im new to the buggy scene, i picked up a 250cc roketa buggy GK-13 and cant seem to find any kind of service manual on these honda clone CN250 engines, the person i bought this thing from didnt take good care of it at all, i have done quite a bit of work to it including piston, rings, and cylinder since it was froze up when i bought it, anyways my question is that i have an oil line that i cant seem to find out where it is suppose to go to, i have a couple pictures showing what i have, the guy that built this or modified it with a line coming out of the engine going to a 3 way connector and 1 go to another part of the engine and the other line is just hanging and i cant find any other fitting on the motor that it would connect to. is there suppose to be 2 connections? or should i remove the t connector and just run the single line from the bottom of the crankcase to the top of the head? let me know if you need any other pictures. thanks guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0798.jpg (94.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0799.jpg (95.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 07-14-2015, 01:25 PM
Heavy Contributor

The rubber hose in your picture is a Crank Case Ventilation/Breather hose, usually goes to the airbox.

The oil lines are the hard lines you see in the pics bolted to the head.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:03 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
The rubber hose in your picture is a Crank Case Ventilation/Breather hose, usually goes to the airbox.

The oil lines are the hard lines you see in the pics bolted to the head.

what if my buggy doesnt have the stock air box on it? usually when i think airbox its referring to the air filter which i have running off the carb but its just a air filter that i bought and connected with a clamp, any suggestions where to run that line if i dont have a the stock airbox? thanks for the advice liduno!

heres a link of the filter i have on my carb right now.

http://www.partsforscooters.com/core...4cb1a7c5d1507a

Last edited by Brigganator; 07-14-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Heavy Contributor

You can leave it vented to atmosphere but some sort of filter would be advised.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Heavy Contributor

Do you have the filter mounted directly to the carb? Or do you have some pvc pipe between it and the carb?

I ask for 2 reasons.
1- It's recommended that you have about 6 or more inches between the filter and the carb.
2- You could route the Crank Case Vent tube into the pvc intake tube for positive crank case ventilation.

The only risk would be a hydro lock if the buggy flipped over and pumped oil into the intake.

Last edited by liduno; 07-14-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Do you have the filter mounted directly to the carb? Or do you have some pvc pipe between it and the carb?

I ask for 2 reasons.
1- It's recommended that you have about 6 or more inches between the filter and the carb.
2- You could route the Crank Case Vent tube into the pvc intake tube for positive crank case ventilation.

The only risk would be a hydro lock if the buggy flipped over and pumped oil into the intake.

filter is mounted directly to the carb, the hose on the air filter is only about 3-4 inches long, what if i buy a oil breather filter and put that on the end of the tube?
Old 07-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigganator View Post
the hose on the air filter is only about 3-4 inches long, what if i buy a oil breather filter and put that on the end of the tube?
Probably work perfect.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:23 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Probably work perfect.
what do you think about this idea from another member liduno?

The hose coming from the head going into the air box just remove it from the ait box and let it hang down low by ur drive chain. The oil that comes out of there utilize it to lubricate ur chain. Factorys run it to your air box for stupid epa reasons. Just let it hang down low. Its normal for oil to come out of there its an over flow hose.. hope this helped also...Eddie.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:30 PM
Heavy Contributor

It's an open port direct to your crank case. I would use a filter, up high if you run water.