BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Lurker

Default Ignition Switch issue?

I just went out to crank my buggy....turned the key and the speedometer lit up as normal, and it started to crank for a 1/2 second, then stopped, and the speedmotor screen lost power. No amount of wiggling the keys and trying 50 more times did anything. I took the Ignition switch off and unplugged it from the wiring harness. I tested the wires that it was plugged into with multi-meter and I read 12.5volts across them, so the wires going to the switch seemed just fine (3 wires go to the switch by the way - Red,White,Black). So I was thinking, well the switch itself went bad. So then as a test I tried to hot wire it. I tried all combinations of hooking those 3 wires together - black to white, white to red, red to black, and all 3 hooked together. But nothing worked.

Anyone have any clue whats going on? Am i going crazy? Could there be some fuse blown somewhere or something? No cranking, no lights, no speedometer was working with any combination of hooking those wires together...

Edit: I did find a fuse in the box where the CDi is, but its not blown.
Edit2: Looks like the battery is shot.

Last edited by massination; 04-04-2017 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:49 AM
Supporting Vendor

What kind of buggy do you have? There usually is a fuse which if blown will kill power to the ignition and start circuit.