BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 07-31-2010, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone ridden the Hatfield and McCoy trails of WV?

I went there and rode this weekend. We went to private land and honestly, in all of the riding in all of my life, we rode one section that was the most hard core I have ever ridden. We put the Rhino through some heavy testing and it passed. My buddy in the Polaris Ranger had a camera and when I get my hands on the vid I'll put it on the you tube site. You guys would just not believe what we put it through. We went to the base of a mountain, pointed it upward, and rode it. Not around it. I mean UP the side of it. There was a pucker mark on the seat when we got to the top.

I've got another vid here of a brand new trail that they will be putting in the system in the next week or so that is much more passive. I'll likely put that up first since that was shot with my camera.

I don't know how these guys make these trails but it was nothing short of spectacular. Vids coming.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Contributor

Can't wait to see them. I had heard that buggies are off limits on some sectors of the trail system if I remember correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeulR4W1_PU
Old 08-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Lurker

Don't forget to include the picture of your seat!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Lite Contributor

cant! wait to see vids!!.......
Old 08-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Lite Contributor

I've never been to the Hatfield–McCoy Trails in WV and would love to check it out, but today as I grabbed a cup of coffee and the Sunday paper this interesting article was on the front page: http://tribune-democrat.com/local/x1...dvocates/print It points out that unike the Hatfields and McCoys, these trails are a perfect union between local/state goverment, land owners, local commerce, and the riders. The article briefly shows some economical and populous statistics about the trails, then it details how my local Lawmakers (West/Central PA)are trying come up with a similar ATV trail Utopia modeled after the Hatfield–McCoy Trails, and the obstacles in doing so. It's a pretty good read, especially for PA residents!

Interesting Sidenote I: Senator Wozniak mentioned in the article also introduced the legislation that repealed PA's long standing motorcycle helmet law.

Interesting Sidenote II: The PA DCNR in the last decade or more has taken part in the Rails to Trails Conservancy, there are currently 281 hiking/pedal biking trails totaling 6,763 miles in the State. The PA DCNR lauded it's financial responsibility by showing that a large portion of the trail conversion was being paid for by atv/snowmobile registration fees, then promptly made it illegal for atvs and snowmobiles to use them. That's how stuff works in PA sometimes.

Interesting Sidenote III: So, if you're a PA mini-buggy owner taking all this in and wondering do I have to register my buggy, or as mentioned in the article, is it an illegal ATV? By the definitions placed in Title 17 Pa. Code Chapter 51, more specifically Chapter 77 of the PA Vehicle Code Section 7702, the answer is NO, and your best line of defense is your Title/MSO - Certificate For Origin Of Vehicle, listed under body type- Go Kart. Kind of a loophole considering most mini-buggies fit the general ATV Class 1 description.

So I was wondering for you guys in other States, is there any thing comparable to the Hatfield–McCoy Trails where you are, and what are your local State laws on registration if any?

How are your Hatfield–McCoy videos coming along BuggyMaster?

Last edited by JakeTheSnake; 08-08-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Bold print and spacing.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:32 AM
Lurker

Google WELLSVILLE , OHIO OFF ROADING . You'll be glad you did .

Gonzo
Old 08-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Lite Contributor

Oh dang!, I forgot all about Wellsville, OH. In fact, I have some real good friends here that are bigtime Jeep, quad, and side by side enthusiasts that go out there twice or thrice a year. The one guy is a manager for a local porta-potty company and he takes one along for their primative camping needs! lol I hi-jacked some pics off their Myspace accounts to give you guys an idea of the terrain and what goes on out there. I've been invited out there with 'em since I got the buggy on occasion, but alas my weekend DJ schedule intervenes. Gonzo, that's your backyard basically, that'd be awesome!

Check out my buddy's Wellsville pics!

Any more Hatfield-McCoy Trails type of locales out there???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wellsville1.jpg (57.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg wellsville2.jpg (53.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg wellsville3.jpg (55.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg wellsville4.jpg (78.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg wellsville5.jpg (64.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg wellsville6.jpg (32.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg wellsville7.jpg (43.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Lurker

The riding area is less than 10 minutes from the house . I've been riding there since the early 70's .There was an off road race there in 1976 with an overwhemling amount of entries .

There was liability issues that prevented futhur racing.

C'mon out ! Give me a heads up when you do .

Gonzo
Old 08-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Administrator

I've got the vid of us going up a mountain side. I'll try to post it later. Gotta process it first.