BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 PM
Lurker

Default Tie Rod Ends

Hey everyone,
I am in the process of rebuilding the front end of a yerf dog 4209 I picked up a year ago, and was wondering what people have done for the tie rod ends. I would like to replace the ones on it, but am having difficulty find a straight replacement.

Have others been able to find a suitable replacement, or have people had to replace the rod as well?

Any help/insight is appreciated.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Heavy Contributor

those rod ends are hard to find, you can by the hole rack with new rod ends on it for about $65 bucks from *************.

these look like they might work, http://www.highrpmracer.com/tie-rods...s-p-13063.html
but this place does not have very good customer service, I'd email them before the purchase just to make sure they have them in stock.

They can be found online, but they are expensive in certain places... the thread is 10mmx1.25 if I'm not mistaken, but I might be wrong (make sure you get the right pitch ones).
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.

Last edited by T3beatz; 08-24-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Lurker

Thanks T3beatz. I will give them a look and see if that will work. I was trying to avoid buying a whole rack just for the ends since that is all that is wrong with them.