BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 01-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Lurker

Default exhaust question

Hey everybody. I can tig weld and have purchased a honda gx610 and gx620 engine. One was missing the muffler, but had the exhaust up to the muffler.

The other was missing the exhaust all together. I have been thinking of putting some stainless steel exhaust on there and need some advice

1) i plan on doing 1"ID (or very close to it) stainless tubing to match existing tube.
2) i have seem some funky loops on V-twin exhaust to keep the length the same. The stock exhaust doesn't seem so amazing. Should I keep the same design, or try and do the loop/Y-merge at the end? I need help sourcing parts here. I can find tubing, but am having a hard time finding a larger radius tubing as well as the Y. Id like to do it in stainless
3) muffler suggestions? I dont want something so awful and loud, but want it to sound nice. Too much to ask for? I have seen a guy chop an R1 exhaust in half and use that. What is out there? Again, i can weld some sort of fitting together if needed.

Thanks for your patience in reading this, and I look forward to hearing what you all have to say.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:42 PM

Not sure if these guys can help? Or maybe this pic might?

http://buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5643
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........