BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything Goes!

Old 07-06-2012, 09:32 PM

Default converting others

Hey guys it bear again taking a good friend of mine over to Haspin acres 2marrow for his 55th birthday! He has never been there or on a buggy b4 cant wait 2 see how he likes it! im sure hes gonna be hooked he had an odyssee back in the 80's. so if any of you guys are at haspin on 7/7/12 look for 2 old farts on a couple of dazon150 single seaters n stop and say happy birthday! more later n thanx again for this forum
Old 07-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

So is he an addict?
Old 07-14-2012, 07:54 AM

Default another one born

Yup hes addicted started talking about ways of convincing his wife about it on the way home! he couldnt stop laughing n smiling all day and said it was the best birthday present hes has in years! lol
Old 07-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

That's AWESOME!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Contributor

LOL.. I am kind of doing the same thing with my brother in law. I took him out riding last year once hoping I could get him hooked and thought I had him. There for a bit, he was looking for a Pilot and then things cooled down and he put it out of his mind. I have tried several times since then to take him riding again but our schedules have never lined up where we are both free at the same time..

So... I have now become a little more devious in my attempts to get him into the hobby. We went to his sons birthday here a few weeks ago & i told his son that my daughter & I would take him and his dad riding and that they could ride together in my side by side. Of course my nephew was excited to go once he heard that. Well last week I just rode the side by side over to their house and told my BIL to take his son for a ride. Well he didn't want to so I did. You never heard a kid so happy and hooting & hollering so much as this kid as we were blasting down the arroyo at 55 plus.

So last I heard from my sister is they started looking around for a good 350 Odyssey. Do I feel bad? well maybe a little.. but they will thank me later when they get to experience some of the fun these buggys bring.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:33 PM

Default no guilt needed

I would call u a good family counselor! think of the fun he, his son, and other members of the family are going to have together and isnt that what its all about? i know that my daughter is more eager to go now that we have matching buggys to ride! sad part is she still wont let me get rid of her roketa 110! she said i should keep it for when i become a grandpaw so she can start the tradition with her kids!!! lol