BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 03-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Lurker

Default Dingo and few questions

I bought a used Dingo 2 seater with 10hp tecumseh, dual mechanical disk brakes no rear suspension very simple front suspension (springs on steering posts). It has a series 40 driver and Max torque driven(previous owner must have changed them). I have since learned these are not compatible.

1. Any ideas as to what Model kart this is, Only Markings are Dingo IX? Approx when these were made...?

2. What was the factory torque converter ,series 40? Looks like spring has to be away from the engine for room for driver sprocket, so does this mean it originally had to yellow reverse wound spring and the driven had to float? Since I have the comet 40 driver on the engine I might as well order a 40 driven and am wondering whether to order reverse spring which I understand has to float for belt alignment or should I modify it to use normal spring and eliminate the float, will this help in belt life, jack shaft/driven bore wear?

Thanks for any advise.