BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 08-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Winch?

Hey Guys,
I'm just wondering if there is a winch available for the Carbide, with a proper mounting bracket. I could probable just buy any winch and fab up a bracket, but didn't want to do that if there is one out there.

A lot of the side trials that I have been riding are starting to get a few mud holes. I have been making it though them easy, but would like to have a winch just in case. Really don't want to get stuck in the middle of no-where with out a way of getting out of it. Thanks.

Jamie
Old 09-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Contributor

Default Winch

I have the same machine. I don't think they make a drop in winch for it. I had to fab one. A bit tight but it can be done. Gonna send some pict of mine in the process of being installed. I hade to extend the the mounting plate because the Carbide is pretty narrow in the front. Then I had to support the mounting plate at the back because of vibrations. Mine is a 3000 lbs winch that I bought just because it was a really good price and it came with everything. A 2000 lbs would be a little easier I think. But they are worth there weight in gold. Just ask me. Hope it helps you out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM1350.jpg (98.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1351.jpg (97.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1353.jpg (94.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1354.jpg (96.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1355.jpg (98.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1357.jpg (92.5 KB, 33 views)
Old 09-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks for posting the pics, you did a nice job with it, looks factory. I am planing on doing some serious off-roading and would really like to have a winch installed. Would you be able to send me some more pics, from different angles, and a list of materials that you used. My email address is andersoneng.jr@nfld.net. Thanks.

Jamie
Old 09-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Contributor

I will do the best I can. May take a day or two. But I will send some more pict and kinda explain how I did mine. If you go through stuff that I go through a winch is absolutley a must. Even if you are with buddies. But some times ( I don't work. Eat your heart out ) so I take off on my own. That is when it is really inportant to have one. Will get back to you. By the way have you got a winch yet and what does it come with. Mounting plate,fair lead snatch bloock.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
I will do the best I can. May take a day or two. But I will send some more pict and kinda explain how I did mine. If you go through stuff that I go through a winch is absolutley a must. Even if you are with buddies. But some times ( I don't work. Eat your heart out ) so I take off on my own. That is when it is really inportant to have one. Will get back to you. By the way have you got a winch yet and what does it come with. Mounting plate,fair lead snatch bloock.
Thanks, there isnt any rush. I won't be able to work on it until next week. I will need a winch for sure, it can get really muddy at time. I don't have a winch yet, but the one I'm looking at got the mounting plate, and roller fairlead & controller. Just like the one in this link.

http://www.giobikes.com/ATV-Winches/...rchPhrase=2419

Jamie