BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Classifieds > Buggies For Sale / Wanted

Buggies For Sale / Wanted Forum for Selling Buggies, Big and Small

Old 11-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Lurker

Default WTB Rolling Chassis

As the title says, I'm looking for a rolling mini-buggy chassis. Don't need a motor. Preferably looking for something like a Joyner, or Roketa, in the 250CC size range, or anything similar, but will consider any chassis at this point (NO YERF-DOGS or Go Karts!). Specifically looking for something that has 10" of suspension travel, but not a deal breaker if it does not.

I will be putting a bike motor on it. I already have the bike.

I'm in the Houston, TX area but willing to drive as far as necessary for the right deal/project.

You can e-mail me directly at poolstuff@juno.com.

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Contributor

what kind of bike motor do you have?im an hour or so north of houston.ive seen a lot of these buggys on southeasttexas.com for cheep.as many that are out there for sale i dont ever see them out riding.
we are getting parts together to build one with mc power now.good luck

FABRICATION ITS HARDER THAN YOU THINK
Old 11-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Lite Contributor

I saw a rolling 250 chassis on stlouis craigslist 500.00 the guy will take 300.00. The name on it is a vroom.
Proud member of the Black River QC Team
Old 11-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Lurker

I've got a Honda CBR1000RR engine. I had a '98 Kawazaki ZX-6R engine that I was going to swap in, but figured since I was gonna go that route, I might as well go big. I sold the ZX-6 and bought the RR. The original project that I started was stolen. I built a complete frame from scratch, had it all together except the rear suspension & drive. Now that it got stolen, I'm gonna cheat and buy a complete frame, and just put the motor in. You can't believe how many hours go into fabbing suspension parts & pieces. I don't have the time to do it all over again-nor the money. It's cheaper to buy a roller & stab the motor than it is to build one from scratch. The tools alone cost me $3K so far.

Think I found what I'm looking for.. Found an 800CC buggy for sale that appears to have everything I am looking for already on it. We'll see how it goes.

I'll also check out SE CL as you mentioned. Thanks for the lead!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Contributor

keep us posted on what you find.that sucks that your frame got stolen,i do know how many hours go into building a buggy it took me a week just to weld one.close to 400 welds and tig is slow welding.cant wait to get the first one finished and start the 2nd.
with what you learned from the first build the 2nd will go a lot faster,so dont give up on that if you cant find what you want.

FABRICATION ITS HARDER THAN YOU THINK
Old 11-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

So does the 800cc have the engine still in it?
Old 11-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Lurker

Metalstud-yes, the engine is still in it. I have no need for it though so if that deal comes through, and you are interested in it, we may be able to work something out. I'll check it to see exactly what is wrong with it but the owner is telling me that he thinks the motor is no good as it will not start. Turns over, but won't fire. He said it's "blown up" but that could mean anything.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

I don't want/need it!! I was just curious why you'd change it out if it was running.The Honda 1000rr is a beast! And you're right blown-up could mean anything!(dirty carb,loose wire,bad spark plug,ect...)
It's sooo much easier to modify than build from scratch.Sorry to hear about your loss though- kinda like they stole a part of "you".
I lived many a year in Humble-
Old 11-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Lurker

Understand about the engine. I'll be sure and check it thoroughly to see what is wrong with it. If I can get it running, I think I could make a little money selling it to someone who needs it. I'll do the basics-carb clean, compression check, verify spark/ignition working, engine not seized, and see what I can accomplish. If it's too far gone, I'll just part it out, or sell it "as is" and let someone know exactly what I found with my checks.

I'm hoping the RR is scary. I like the adrenaline rush. Just the sound of a bike engine screaming along at 10-12K excites me. I'll be gearing it such that top speed is limited and hopefully this will make for more useable torque down low.

Not looking to set any land speed records, just have enough on tap when I need to shoot a good roost.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

I'm right with you when it comes to screaming RPM's!!! Now-a-days I have to remove one of my walker wheels to get my adrenaline up Keep us posted on what you end up doing.