BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 11-26-2016, 03:29 AM
Lurker

Default Inquiry about Wenling Zhensheng Machinery Co., Ltd.

I'm helping a friend to re-wire his buggy harness after a total meltdown. The buggy is a chinese import and was made by wenling zhenshen but have not been able to get much more than that. Researching the web leads me to think this is a Honda clone and I bought a full electrical harness here in Australia. I have installed it, after a bit of verbal abuse, and I have a key operated ignition switch working, an electric start, working and turning the engine but not firing, a strong spark. But no combustion. Also, after half a dozen or so cranks of the engine, smoke is coming from the stator. I stripped it out and found the green wire was melting so I re-insulated it and put it all back. So that's my story, what should I be asking to pursue this tragedy to its conclusion
Old 11-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Lurker

I found a forum which handsome answers .the melted green wire in the stator needs a better earth. Fixed. Fond my fuel enricher wasn't attached, fixed. Still not firing so I suspect the carby. Any ideas?
Old 11-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Well that depends...does it have spark now?
Old 11-30-2016, 04:54 PM
Lurker

The status of the beast is:
- ign key operates and delivers 12v to circuits,
- starter motor turns over vigorously,
- when tested against good earth point the spark plug makes a strong vigorous spark, but
-there is no hint of the engine firing, even when I squirted some neat petrol down the spark plug hole. My next move would be to dismantle the carby and clean it but I'd be happier to have the settings and adjustments for reassembly b4 I do that.
its got me puzzled.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Heavy Contributor

I don't know what "neat petrol" is but try squirting some gasoline in the carburetor while cranking it.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:07 AM
Lurker

Neat petrol = gasoline there's the diversity of the language!
Old 12-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Supporting Vendor

If the engine is sound than fuel, air and spark is all that is needed for it to run. How is the compression ? Have you adjusted the valves?
Old 12-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Lurker

compression seems a bit low but I don't have a meter for it. So the buggy's owner has taken it to the shop to get the valves and compression checked.
Thank you to all those who volunteered some ideas. there has to be a positive outcome because all the essentials test out ok.