BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 06-10-2017, 12:48 AM
Lurker

Post 7150 carbide 150cc HELP Please

the gokart runs great on level ground but will not pull up hill. I have changed the variator with high performace 115, we have done new clutch, it has a red torque spring, we have raised the rollers to like 13 or 14 not sure i know they are above 12. it has got better since changing this, it will crawl up hill now full throttle, the back tires are inch to big. what could it be.. I'm at a lost, we just bought this thing for our 9 yr old daughter and she cant ride it because we live in missouri and we have hills. any ideas thanks
Old 06-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Lite Contributor

I would check the valve lash adjustment. It needs to be adjusted periodically, and makes a big difference in how the buggy performs. You may be losing torque from being out of spec such that your having the hill climbing issues.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:00 PM
Lurker

the motor runs awesome, we changed the variator, clutch, it has 10g roller weights, with 1500 rpm spring, its gotten better but still won't pull a hill. the tires are 22-10 in the back could that be my problem, didn't think inch would make a big difference like that.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:01 PM

How many teeth are on your sprockets? Small and big

Did the previous owner ever mention changing internal gearing? (only way to verify is removing the clutch and gear cover to count the teeth)
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 06-15-2017, 04:11 AM
Lurker

16 on top and 32 on bottom and no never said anything thanks for replying and trying to help a gal out.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:48 AM
Heavy Contributor

Just a thought. I've had my brakes stick plenty of times, and first thing will happen, wont go up hill very good. Might check to see if you got play in your brakes, to make sure they not rubbing as your riding it.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:33 PM

That ^^^^ is a great suggestion. Make sure your brakes aren't stuck, and/or you're accidentally stepping on the brake pedal.

You can probably benefit from a 36 tooth axle sprocket for what you're looking to do. You have almost the same sprockets as mine. However, my buggy's engine is highly modified and it most likely weighs less than your buggy.

How much weight are you trying to drive uphill? You and a passenger? Just you?

What size tires do you have on the rear?
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........

Last edited by xlint89; 06-15-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:48 PM
Lurker

The carbide is my favorite buggy. It was the first one I ever bought and modified. I've had three to date. When I first got ours it wouldn't climb very well either. I upgraded it to the 1500 yellow main spring and 10 gram sliders in the variator. I installed an a13 cam and open filter. 130 main jet. And I also installed a 39 tooth axle sprockets weigh a solid 235lbs on a light day and my passenger weigh in at about 170. We look like clowns in a clown car but the carbide will make it up to all the high points at wolf pen gap trails in mena Arkansas without issues. I've learned so much on this forum and credit the help and wisdom from the guys on here that go out of their way to help out. I hope my setup can be of some guidance. Like I said. The carbide is my favorite machine. And I'm up to a 650 Joyner and an 800 FI Roketta. Orange coil and Yamaha blaster shocks all the way around lets us rip through anything as well without killing our backs.