BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info

Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info Forum for Buggy Clubs, Organized Riding Events etc...

Old 01-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Buggy & UTV Racing in the Southeast!

Hey guys, this may be of interest to some of you. Just saw this last night and checked it out. They have classes for UTV's, buggies - Joyners and the like plus home-builts too. I gotta get busy.

http://www.southeastsxs.com/

There is a link from there the the sanctioning body, utvrallyraid.com

I'd be interested to see if others are interested in doing this. I raced enduro races with my class 16 car and would love to do this as the races are 4 hours long and you are racing against the clock.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

This a cool deal and the course looks awesome on the vid's- It says for every budget? Hmmm- just short of 20 grand for the buggy,trailer and travel expenses-whew!!!!! Not my budget.!!!! The unlimited class could have rigs in the hundreds of thousands, I had to quit racing due to raising costs (of everything) and a domestic responsiblities. Doesn't cost much in my backyard-the grins and giggles from the family seem to be more rewarding than the bragging rights now-a-days.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Contributor

If you kind gentlemen could talk to your congressmen about the budget cuts for the military I could afford more

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome

"Men Of Action"
Old 01-19-2012, 04:19 AM
Heavy Contributor

[QUOTE=metalstudman1;19858] I had to quit racing due to raising costs (of everything) and a domestic responsiblities..[/QUOTE

Amen to that! not to dicourage anyone from participating But when I was part of a racing league for these buggys it cost aproximatly $500. for a weekend of racing. This was above and beyond the expense of equipment and maintanace on the buggys. not to mention long hours of preptime spent before the weekend. Budget and work schedules no longer allow me to attend but if possible I would go in a heartbeat! Reflecting back, it was some of the best money ever spent. More fun than the fat lady at the circus! If you ever get the chance ,you should try it at least once. WARNING! you WILL get hooked!!!!!!
Some of these guys in this sxs league were participants in the league I attended including the promoter Overlord (Jason). They moved on to the sxs's while I was content to keep tinkering on my yerfs.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Lite Contributor

I know it's not for everyone and money is tight for many of us, but just wanted to let folks know it's out there. I wish this had been going on in the southeast when I was racing, I would have done this instead of the full-size buggy. I used to pull 500 miles one way to race a series in the mid-west.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Contributor

I hope to run my 800 joyner this year
Old 01-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Contributor

I liked the Razer with the 4 cyl 600cc turbo motor that made 150 hp and was clocked at 105 mph !
Old 01-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Contributor

that would be scary in the woods lol
Old 01-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Contributor

That looks like a blast, but it's not for the man on a budget.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige View Post
I hope to run my 800 joyner this year
That should be loads of fun!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Contributor

yep there is a serires starting here at the great american park in auburn also, last year the joyners did well
Old 01-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige View Post
yep there is a serires starting here at the great american park in auburn also, last year the joyners did well
BigE, are you referring to the ECORS Series or something else?

The GAP looks like a nice park, we are going to have to check it out.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Contributor

yes I think thats it. I went to gap a couple of months ago didnt get to ride all the trails but it was nice and the people are very nice
Old 01-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Lite Contributor

I would be interested to learn more about the GAP. It looks like they have some good events there too. I'm not much for getting muddy anymore, too much work to clean it up.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:42 AM
Contributor

utvrr is for any budget. But it will take at least an 800cc 4 stroke or 350 2 stroke to comptete simply because it's a sxs series. That means the standard rzr is the lower end bench mark. The track is designed to level the playing fields and n some case the modded class can out run the outlaw class. It's about 20% motor and 80% skill. The joyner 800 and 1100 placed on the podium every race running stock. They fair better do to lower COG. So what they lose in torque they gain in tighter turns. Every class has 3 payouts so 9 payouts per race. Everything from the boss500 to gsxr powered Protodie and TutTech machines runs this race. They also have a team option to run 2 buggies and 2 drivers. So you can run 3 laps then switch. Over whelming majority of guy's race simply for fun. Mike(Computerdude) Owmer of BC is a series sponcer and you can expect to see 4 or joyner sv with 400 2 strokes running this year for joomgo racing aka joylaris racing. Come on out and play. If you need help in the pits there will be tons of hands on deck to help with refueling or what have you. As well as on site fabrication.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks for the info Chuck. Sounds like like tons-o-fun if the budget will allow.