BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Other Toys

Other Toys Dirt bikes, atv's etc

Old 02-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Lurker

Default Baja MB165 governor removed question

Well im just wondering why after the governor is removed, that its alot harder to get the bike started? Anyone have any suggestion or solutions to geting the bike to start better?

The bike is all stock with just the governor removed, and a return spring added so the bike doesn't go wide open after being started. Because as of right now, it takes sometimes 5+ pull to get bike started, and give the bike alittle throttle once started to stay started, which I don't mind. Btw I put the bike on full choke when first trying to start on a cold start, then i move it to half choke after 1-2 pulls. I just want the bike to start on first 3 pulls, but no luck yet.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Administrator

The reason is because when in stock form, the throttle is open a little bit when you go to start it and when it starts, the throttle closes. With the return spring, the throttle is held shut at all times when not on the throttle so you may need to crack it a little when firing it up.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Look at this thread:

http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72