BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:09 AM
Banned

Default Go Kart Spindles Front Axles

Hello,

Im converting this pedal go kart. The spindles in the front and the rear axle are 20mm. I've bought a 1 inch live axle for the back and want to match the tires up front. I've been looking for 1 inch spindles but cant find them. In the pictures below, what is that piece that connects the 2 spindles and turns them when you turn the wheel? Is it called a sway bar. I have not tried to unbolt that piece, whatever its called, to try and pull apart those spindles. Not sure if its welded on or is removable. I'm not a go kart expert, this is my first go kart conversion, it seems that a 1 inch rear live axle is common, is 1 inch spindles or front axle not common? I've seen 5/8 and 3/4 front spindles but not 1 inch. The front 20mm spindles are not long enough for the new rims and tires.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:24 AM
Power User

1-inch axles are not common for go karts/buggies. however, you can get 1 inch trailer or golf cart stub axles. With 1inch axles the hub selections are then pretty limited, i use them myself with golf cart hubs and a jakes brakes conversion studs and rotor that let you set them up for from disc brakes. the other limiting factor is that with golf cart hubs, you have a 4 on 4 inch bolt pattern which can make getting rims a hassle. 8 inch rims are plentiful but don't fit disc brakes easily. 12-inch aftermarket rims can be pretty pricey. I found 12-inch "Ford Think" steel rims used for a good price, but they can be hard to come across.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

This topic appears to be spam. Same guy was doing it on the BD forums a couple weeks ago with the same MO. He writes a seemingly legitimate question pulled from dialog in recent topics, and adds a sneaky redirect link at the bottom that points to his target site that he's trying to boost.

His link in the post above redirects to "20 Best Creative Mobile App Trailers".

I wrote a lengthy answer to one of his questions about CDIs, to then find that he'd deleted his post entirely because I removed his link.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spammer.jpg (36.9 KB, 17 views)

Old 11-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Contributor

They been hiring real people as spam bots now (actually been doing it awhile). They search around, find some legit question, copy and paste, then throw their spam at the bottom.

On the s10 forum I used to help on they would even do the 5 posts before they could post a link/picture then start spamming.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:18 PM
Power User

nice, anyone know to whom to send the bill for those minutes of our lives spent responding? My going rate is about 999.99 per second!
Old 11-25-2017, 11:07 AM
Heavy Contributor

Have moderators or admins check the source IP for questionable posts with links. Usually you will find the location from where they posted is also questionable.