BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > ATV, Dirt bike and UTV Reviews

ATV, Dirt bike and UTV Reviews Reviews for various ATV's, Dirt bikes and UTV's.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Default BuggyMasters Review: 2008 Honda TRX700XX

Ahhh...now here's a real beast of a machine. I consider this to be the best looking four wheeler that Honda ever made and as far as I am concerned, the fastest. At 53hp this thing hauls ass. And it has an Independant Rear Suspension (IRS) too! This makes for the ultimate trail riding machine.

This is another one that I ran out of road with when doing a top speed test. I was at 78 mph and climbing! Then it was on the brakes, and on them hard.

It's a very comfortable machine with great ergonomics and a plush ride with the IRS where a straight axle would possibly beat you up. Now this does come with some side effects. And these side effects are likely what keeps sales of this awesome machines so low making it very common for people to be able to pick them up at nearly half price of the $7800 MSRP. Simple supply and demand. For some reason, there's just not a lot of demand for them.

The problem, at least best I can tell, is that with the IRS, you are not going to sling this machine around the corners. It bites and goes. A lot of people like to be able to slide around corners. When that IRS bites, you better be hanging on. When this thing goes, it realllly goes. Gobs of power at your disposal.

I haven't posted the vid yet of our track attack with this machine but I thought for sure I would bust into the 29's with it. I tried...tried..and tried but despite all of that power, I was just shy of that magic mark. In fact, our Polaris Predator still posted better times. Not by much (a few 10ths of a second) but I just could break into the 29's.

I feel that the 700xx is actually faster than the predator but I couldn't go around those corners like I wanted to. I feel with a straight axle, I could have broke into the 29's. Overall, still an excellent machine and I put it at number one when considering best bang for the buck.

Pros: Super fast. Super Powerful. Looks Awesome. Rides Awesome. Excellent Value thanks to the weak market.

Cons: That IRS on a sport modelis either love it or hate it. I thought it was awesome.

Overall BuggyMasters Rating: 8 out of 10
Old 08-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Lurker

the problem with not sliding this machine actually lies in the sway bar it is just not stiff enough to allow one wheel to break loose and slide. it can be easily fixed for a couple hundered buck with a sway bar from L8ton racing. and im not saying your wrong but if you have 63 hp the bike is not stock. factory there is 39 hp at the wheels. right now because the bike is new and partly because of bad reviews and the even worse economy honda is having a hard time selling them. the aftermarket on it is not very strong because no one is even sure that honda will continue to manufacture this machine. so understandably a lot of companys are afraid to dump thousands and thousands into r&d for a bike that may be discontinued. so for a mere 850$ (yikes) you can buy a big three setup (exhaust intake fuel managment system) and easily get that number to 49-50 hp to make 63 tho your talking big bucks and huge engine work. only trying to help not make anyone look bad. oh and factory cuts out the engine at 88.7 mph yeah 89 smoking miles per hour
-razrs in the front razr2s in the back
-costum exhaust tip from ehs racing

2008 trx 700xx
-razrs in the front razr2s in the back
-3D power tip

2010 carbide 150cc
-brand new
-(this space reserved for future mods)
-and this list goes on FOREVER!!!!!!

Last edited by ben-jam-in; 08-21-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Administrator

you're right, it is 53 HP, not 63 and that's at the crankshaft. That was a typo. Here's their certification they registered for it:

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/...030212_686.pdf

(39.5 kw is 53 hp)