BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 08-09-2020, 07:08 AM
Lurker

Default Engine ID for big bore

Yardsport YS200. Its an american landmaster now. It needs rings or a big bore. ID on the engine is JL1P57F. Cant find much with this number. Searched a few old posts here. Anyone know what big bore kit will fit? I can get the parts from American landmaster for $$$$. Ill just get the rings if it comes down to that.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not the expert you might need when it comes to the GY-6 motors.Only worked/owned a few.Your's is a Tong Jian GY6 -150cc based off that engine code.Wonder why your buggy is called a YS200? If you buy jug & piston to match you can put any big bore kit on basically any GY6 -157 that says it fits. Hope that helps- To the best of my knowledge the difference on these motors are the "P" before 57 & no "P" having different head design- Verify the bolt pattern.Ask Tom @ SYC power sports (sponsor) he'd give you all the info on the good ones that work.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:43 PM
Contributor

there are alot of 200 karts out there that are realy 150s I see it alot. Going off the engine code its a 57mm bore which is a 150cc its a 1p57 so you need to make sure you order parts for 1P. measure your studs because there are alot out there that wont fit.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:34 AM
Lurker

I ended up just ordering from american sportworks the OE parts. Just the rings. My compression was good. I think it was just the oil ring failure. I paid the extra $$$ to make sure I got the correct parts. Its back together but I pulled the spark plug wire off the coil so waiting on the replacement. The cylinder wall looked good. There was some marking on the top and bottom of the piston. I should have replaced it,but I think it will be ok. I will still maybe look for the big bore kit,but for a few extra CCs I don't know if it its worth the trouble.
Old 08-17-2020, 11:36 PM
Contributor

You will notice a difference. Its not much in the 155 cc but you can feel the difference.
The bigger you go with a matched head the larger the CC jump the more power you will notice. add a bigger 26 mm carb and your buggy will act like a whole new animal.
A properly ported and polished head does wonders.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:51 AM
Lurker

If I get the head cylinder combo will that fit on this JL1P57F. Everything I look for has a Q which is the common. With the P I think the head may be taller. Not sure of what part. I originally wanted the engine upgrade to be a winter project but the oil usage pushed me into a this. The different GY6 has been confusing.
Old 08-19-2020, 02:55 AM
Contributor

the only numbers that matter are the 1P57
The JL is the region code for where the engine was built QM means china. Not sure on JL but it should not make any difference. a 1P57 is a 1P57 unless you have the 2 bolt valve cover. The two bolt valve covers are a whole different animal and hard to get upgrade parts for.
One other thing to look at if you havent already done it is get a cold air intake set up. You will have to rejet your carb but it lets the buggy breath so much better
Old 08-19-2020, 09:51 AM
Lurker

I have a uni filter and jet on order. Thanks for the info. It has the 4 bolt valve cover.
Old 08-20-2020, 12:44 AM
Contributor

Then you should be good to go. The 4 bolt is common and parts are available.
when you have the carb off take the time to port mach and clean casting flaws on the intake runner. Making sure the ports match at the engine and spacer to intake neck will smooth out the air flow. Just smooth them do not polish them you want them a little rough. that will help keep the air fuel mix atomized. The spacers are almost always a little off so it will put a lip in the intake runner that causes disruption of the flow. these engines are only 150s so every little thing we can do for them helps. This is an easy task and cost you nothing but a little bit of time.