BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 04-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Hammerhead 250 No Spark

I have had idle problems since I bought this buggy in December. Seems as if the choke is not working. Yesterday I started looking at the wiring and found that the yellow wire that goes to the choke was not connected. I connected the yellow wire then started the buggy. The wire did not seem to make much difference. I put everthing back together and now the buggy will not start. Tried spraying gas into the carb and it did nothing. Pulled the plug, grounded the plug and turned the key. No spark. Can anyone help with troubleshooting this issue.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Supporting Vendor

Did you purchase new and is it still under warranty? Or is this a used buggy?

TOM
Old 04-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Lite Contributor

It was purchased new and is under warranty. I was just hoping to find something simple I could fix myself. It is 60 miles one way to the dealer. Each trip costs me about $50.00. I already have taken the buggy back twice because low gear went out. It took two trips because after replacing low gear, I took the buggy home and when I went to back it off the trailer, I could not move the shifter. (Dealer drove it onto the trailer.) Apparently there was an issue where the shifter goes through the casing of the transmission. I asked the dealer to look at the idle issue while they had it, but it still will not idle without constantly adjusting the idle screw. I love it when it runs, but I am getting frustrated.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Supporting Vendor

Without getting involved in trouble shooting and tracing down wires, check all your connections. You mentioned that it run until you put it all back together. I assume you were in the electrical box, and maybe when putting cover on a wire was pulled or you origionally had a bad connection and it completely breaks the circuit when wires are moved. I would look in the area you worked in and hopefully you will find the culpret.

TOM
Old 04-15-2011, 04:40 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks Tom. I will give that a try.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Lite Contributor

I would take tom's advice. My electrical box has 2 long Allen key bolts that secure it. If any of the wires got pinched during installation this could have caused the problem. Check your fuses too.