BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > FrankenBuggy Tech

FrankenBuggy Tech Unconventional and Home Built Buggy Tech Forum

Old 06-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Power User

Default Stinkin Wabbits ! ....

I could swear I swore off this affliction! and it's yet another single seater ...

Yet here I am again. Sunl-zuki buyer brought something along with his payment today, and of course I went for it ... price was right ... 2 bill deduction from total owed.

Don't know what it is, but from the VIN I think it's a 2004, maybe Sunl or kasea. seems to be a low serial number on the vin as well-- so something either fairly early from the production run for from a short run.

engine that came with the pile o parts is a 125, pretty sure it's not original since it has a kick starter on it and the swingarm has had some chopping done to it.

Whatever it is to become over the fall/winter --- likely LTZ front end at least, it will be my daughter's next ride since she's rapidly outgrowing the dogshark. Frame tubing is nice and stout, decent layout and good condition with only a dent in the front lower tube and a bashed up area on the floorpan.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mystf.jpg (70.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg mystside.jpg (73.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg myststr.jpg (54.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg mystsw.jpg (76.0 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg mystvin.jpg (32.5 KB, 54 views)
Old 06-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Supporting Vendor

It could be a Kasea or old carter. Just going by memory though. Haven't seen that design in quite some time.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Heavy Contributor

Don't get your toes in that steering mechanism..lol
Old 06-21-2015, 10:43 PM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
It could be a Kasea or old carter. Just going by memory though. Haven't seen that design in quite some time.
Kind of truckish looking, isn't it? supposedly the first digit "L" designates asia region of manufacture, i get the Kasea vibe off it too, reminds me of a really old explorer 250 i looked at a few years back. back corner is just about dead identical to the Sunl, but given the way the "factories" churned these things out, there's no telling unless some4one else knows for sure.

Steering mech is going the way of the dodo, i'll put my rack in there since that's on the winter upgrade list for my rig.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:10 PM

cool find x bird

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.