Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
Look what followed me home! - BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 05-12-2018, 03:03 AM
Contributor

Default Look what followed me home!

Well i picked this carter 300cc sxs up the other day and its got the sym 300cc with H/L in it. I didnt even know carter ever made sxs's....Anyone have any knowledge on these?

HH250SS..RIP (IRS donor for the crossfire)
HammerHead 150
Gs Moon buggy 150
Many other random parts buggys (still never have what im needing tho :/ )
Old 05-12-2018, 08:09 AM
Heavy Contributor

I know that you don't want it. SOOOOOOO I will be by to pick it up later..lol
Old 05-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Contributor

Cool

Never did I ever see one of those . Sharp looking machine . Carter parts are tough to find . Speaking of rare machines that John Deere ATV in the background looks a lot like the older Bombardier ( Can-Am ) ATV'S . Another trouble maker . Good Luck with the Carter !
MANCO SILVER FOX. Sold
2009 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2002 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2000 POLARIS MAGNUM 2X4
HALF A DOZEN CHEVY 4X4's
NEED-MO-BUGGY
Old 05-12-2018, 09:35 AM
Contributor

Cool

After just posting I realized I have seen similar . Google Challenger 300 . Maybe parts are plenty ...
MANCO SILVER FOX. Sold
2009 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2002 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2000 POLARIS MAGNUM 2X4
HALF A DOZEN CHEVY 4X4's
NEED-MO-BUGGY
Old 05-12-2018, 10:09 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDKID View Post
Never did I ever see one of those . Sharp looking machine . Carter parts are tough to find . Speaking of rare machines that John Deere ATV in the background looks a lot like the older Bombardier ( Can-Am ) ATV'S . Another trouble maker . Good Luck with the Carter !

John deere buck, They were popular around here for a short time. About long enough they all started having shifting, wiring, and top end problems. Didn't take the green fan boys long to thumb their noses at them.

I know where one is that still runs. Farmer wife and has been treated as a golf cart in the yard it's whole life. Hardest it ever has been drove was down to the mailbox and back.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:21 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
I know that you don't want it. SOOOOOOO I will be by to pick it up later..lol
Lol idk if you would want it once you start trying to find parts

Quote:
Yeah its pretty cool looking i think also and they are and thats a john deer trail buck 500 aka can-am traxster 500 with john deers name on it. Rotax single cylinder with 2 spark plugs and 5 speed manual/auto transmission.....I gpsd it at 65 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo71665 View Post
John deere buck, They were popular around here for a short time. About long enough they all started having shifting, wiring, and top end problems. Didn't take the green fan boys long to thumb their noses at them.

I know where one is that still runs. Farmer wife and has been treated as a golf cart in the yard it's whole life. Hardest it ever has been drove was down to the mailbox and back.
This one runs decent and shifts good sofar anyway lol but is eat up with electrical issues.....start/stop button kills it while trying to crank one headlight turns on and off constantly and when you hit the high/low beam button the lights go really dim and all 5 gear indicator lights start blinking and the instrument cluster dont work nor does the fan. Front cv axles are missing. High low reverse neutral and park all work.
HH250SS..RIP (IRS donor for the crossfire)
HammerHead 150
Gs Moon buggy 150
Many other random parts buggys (still never have what im needing tho :/ )
Old 05-14-2018, 01:03 PM
Contributor

Quote:
After just posting I realized I have seen similar . Google Challenger 300 . Maybe parts are plenty ...
Nope. Two totally different UTV's. Carter has independent rear suspension and is also different dimensions too. The engines are completely different as well. The engine on the Carter Matrix is a SYM 300cc with 24hp and the Trailmaster is Linhai 300(260?) with 17hp. The SYM 300 also has a high low gearbox.
You'll have much better luck getting parts for the Trailmaster challenger than the Matrix.
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD