BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > FrankenBuggy Tech

FrankenBuggy Tech Unconventional and Home Built Buggy Tech Forum

Old 08-23-2016, 08:48 AM
Lurker

Default Manco Helix-Cut and Crazy Build! Help me get started!

Ok everyone. For starters, I am new to the buggy scene, but already addicted. What I have is a Manco Helix, and currently in stock trim. I have a friend who welds and fabricates and he has taken an interest in cutting up my helix and making it somewhat crazy. For now, we want to get the stance right, before we move into engine mods and whatnot. On a budget, we hope to accomplish:

-at least 12" additional ground clearance
-at least 12" wider stance in order to put much TALLER tires up front
-possibly stretch the chassis (6'3" driver)
-led light bar
-plexiglass panels

With that being said, I read the following post and would like to do something similar with my helix:

http://buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1030

BUT, for the wider and taller stance, where do we begin? Using the stock wheels, does anyone make spacers to fit? How do we widen the rear axle? Spacers? Are there any threads on modifying the control arms to widen the stance and allow for additional ground clearance? Etc. etc....

This buggy wont be abused or heavily jumped, but want a fun toy to tear around the yard, chase my son around on his dirt bike, and get out in the snow and stuff like that....

Thanks everyone, I look forward to hearing from everyone. Please post pics of any examples and sources you may have in relation to a build such as this.

Last edited by 1991stang50; 08-23-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Be sure to,post progress pics!