Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
Dazon Single seater Restore - BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 01-26-2017, 03:23 PM

Default Dazon Single seater Restore

ok pick this up last night, and it def needs a lot more attention then I anticipated. Only had 45 minutes to kinda over look quickly today, I already pulled the fuel tank off, I'm going to look for a new tank rather then spending a day or 2 trying to clean the stock one out because it was trash inside. I also need a battery. Hoping tomorrow I can spend the day on it to go threw some stuff.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Lite Contributor

Sign me up - there's a lot of potential right here.

What are the generic plans Jman? Clean it up, and run it stock (ish), or are you going over the top with it?
Old 01-26-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rich View Post
Sign me up - there's a lot of potential right here.

What are the generic plans Jman? Clean it up, and run it stock (ish), or are you going over the top with it?
honestly not sure yet, it was neglected maintenance wise, but was sitting in the garage not inside, the paint on it is actually not bad at all. I didn't have much time today, but I knew he left gas in it and boy let me tell you this has to be one of the worst gas tanks ive seen so far.

So the gas lines are in the garbage already, the gas has been taken out, the tank itself has been rinsed out 3 times, and now its sitting in white vinegar, heard to leave it in there for a few days so I will see what happens. I only messed around with it for about an hr. Tomorrow I'm going to have a lot more time to go over things. Tomorrow there will be a compression test done, if its a little low, then I'm going to build a small motor for it.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:54 PM
Lite Contributor

Do you have a length of small chain? Throwing a bunch of nuts & bolts in the vinegar and shaking it around works too, but about 3' of small chain is easier to remove.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rich View Post
Do you have a length of small chain? Throwing a bunch of nuts & bolts in the vinegar and shaking it around works too, but about 3' of small chain is easier to remove.

nope, I didn't put anything in the tank but white vinegar, its going to sit over night in the upright position, then tomorrow il flip it over and let it sit in that position for a day.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Heavy Contributor

there's a process for cleaning tanks using electrolysis. I have never had the opportunity to try this process but I have seen a "before and after" and it's pretty amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-dNX8Q7Jh4
Old 01-28-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
there's a process for cleaning tanks using electrolysis. I have never had the opportunity to try this process but I have seen a "before and after" and it's pretty amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-dNX8Q7Jh4
ckau, that's prett crazy, the stock tank still has the vinegar in it and I can tell its working because when I take the cap off and look inside its cloudy as hell.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:23 AM

Was able to spend some time on the dazon yesterday, let me just say pushing this thing around its a tank/pig!!! its very heavy for a single seater if you ask me. With that though, this buggy is built very high quality wise. Tom I see what your talking about with running the wires threw the tubing this buggy already has that, gives it a super clean look, but just have to worry about the tubing rusting inside out. I have only checked over maybe 40 percent of the buggy, and have already cleaned up a lot, but there's still a ton to do! I don't know if I want to keep it yet or flip it for a sale. Theres a ton more to do and go over. Here's what I was able to get done/ go threw yesterday.

1. The seat wasn't even bolted down, the stock studs for the seat had to be cut off and I put new bolts in to bolt it down. Wd-40 the hell out of the seat tracks as they where stuck.

2. Took off the entire cargo rack. Its very heavy, and to bulky for my liking, I have some ideas in my head to lighten it up a little and clean it up.

3. The stock intake assembly completely removed, they are very restrictive.

4. As I was sitting in it I noticed the steering wheel was clocked in the incorrect position to the front wheels. Went to undo the steering bolt and it snapped right in half! This happened to me before on my old yerf dog. Had to drill the entire bolt out, clean the splines, wd40 them and now have a nut and bolt threw the steering shaft instead.

5. Took the stock carb apart to see if it was salvageable, and it sure has seen its days. To me it wasn't worth saving for use, so I took the jets out and clean the jets out very well. Stock jetting is 38 pilot/112 main.

6. Took the stock manifold off, replaced it with a new one.

7. The buggy didn't come with any seatbelt, but I had a spare, so installed/ bolted in seat belt.

8. Looking over the rims and tires, tires still have plenty of tread and hold air, the wheels look toast I tried a little scrubbing on one wheel to see if I could remove the rust, they sure are going to be a project to clean up. Not sure what to do with them.

9. Looking over the mud flaps, they are all in pretty rough shape. I like how the rear fenders have a tab welded on top of the frame rather then a hole drilled threw the frame, but the fronts not really a fan of the flaps on the struts just not my cup of tea.

10. did a compression test engine still has good life which I was happy about.

11. The buggy came with a speedo, but when sitting in the buggy it was pointed in the downward position and you couldn't really read it, so a little bending of the tab and mounted the speedo back on and much better.

12. The throttle cable doesn't seem to be the correct size/ length, it has to much slack in it, and everything was held on by zip ties by the gas pedal and not mounted correctly. Might have a spare I have to check.

13. I see this buggy has the double row chain design, its really not necessary, and I tried pulling some more tension on the chains, and they sure do seem warn to me as there is a good amount of slack on them. I have new chains some where, I will most likely go with a single chain.

14. I knew the buggy didn't come with head lights, but it still has the little brackets intact so I can mount headlights on, I have a brand new set sitting in a box, that I was test fitting and looks like they will work nicely, just needed more time to mount and wire them up.

15. Removed the engine mount cross bar, and replaced with 2 bolts, one on each side, just gives a lot more room for carb area, and easier to take off the bolts for me at least.

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 01-28-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:40 AM

photo hosting
uploading pictures
capture screen
upload
adult photo hosting
post a picture
hosting images

image hosting free

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 01-28-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:46 AM

hopefully will get some more time on it today

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 01-28-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

How did the tank come out. I watched the electrolysis video and was interesting. For tanks and small metal pieces I use metal rescue, it's about $30.00 a gallon, reusable and non toxic. I seen a demo of it at dealer expo a few years back. It does not harm paint and is non acidic. Now let me give yo some info on the blade buggy. The tubing is a heavier wall and is seamless which is something any other buggy has and is the reason it is heavier than even your HH. Stuart from Blade Powersports custom ordered these buggies to be made with that type of tubing. Seamless tubing is stronger than a seamed tubing and is a different steel than the seemed tubing so it is not susceptible to cracking as is a seemed tubing. The roll cage is the same. However due to a different manufacturer the rear carrier is of the same type metal as your HH or even Carter and after time will crack. If I were to keep a buggy it would be the blade.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:15 PM

That buggy looks like something straight out of "Mad Max"

I LIKE it!!!!!!

It's a shame that much dirt has gotten inside the engine though.

Looks like you're going to have to change the crank, cylinder, piston, head, cam, and carb just to be safe...
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 01-28-2017, 05:01 PM

I just got back in from cleaning the tank, and OMG !!!!! It was worth the $6.50 and just some of my time. I did let the vinegar soak for 2 days. Once i drained the that, i dumped a little box of baking soda in with hot warter, shook it around real good, drained that, and rinsed it all out, man the amount of brown that came out was amazing. I stuck my air blower inside the tank and dried it out. It honestly is worth it if someone doesnt have fab skills to mount a different style tank or doesnt have the funds for a new tank, and just needs to clean out there old one.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:32 PM
Contributor

Cool little single seater. Reminds me of the outlaw dirt race cars, just need the spoiler on the roof lol.
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD
Old 01-29-2017, 07:30 AM
Heavy Contributor

A buggy buddy of mine had one of these for a while. It was a fun little machine. He didn't like the narrow side to side wheel base. It made the buggy feel top heavy. he added wheel spacers which improved the stability a lot. A set of wheels with more outside offset would accomplish the same. Never liked that bulky front mass of tubing. it added a lot of weight on the front and the buggy was prone to dig in when the suspension was compressed. The double chain gave a little aggravation. The chains stretched independently. He could never keep good tension on both at the same time. One or the other were always a little floppy. I think he simply removed one. He had planned to redo the front end and a axle conversion but sold the buggy before he got around to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dazon 004.jpg (99.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg dazon 007.jpg (96.3 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-29-2017, 12:01 PM

I forgot to mention, the buggy came with a completely dead agm battery, terminals where awful, i scrubed the terminals, cleaned up the battery, and its been sitting on a slow trickle charger since last night and it seems to be taking a charge . Going to let it sit for another day. My next job is to tackle, all 4 wheels, all rusted pretty bad. More pics coming soon.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
A buggy buddy of mine had one of these for a while. It was a fun little machine. He didn't like the narrow side to side wheel base. It made the buggy feel top heavy. he added wheel spacers which improved the stability a lot. A set of wheels with more outside offset would accomplish the same. Never liked that bulky front mass of tubing. it added a lot of weight on the front and the buggy was prone to dig in when the suspension was compressed. The double chain gave a little aggravation. The chains stretched independently. He could never keep good tension on both at the same time. One or the other were always a little floppy. I think he simply removed one. He had planned to redo the front end and a axle conversion but sold the buggy before he got around to it.
Yes, im going to change to a single chain, not a fan of the double row chain.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mine is a 2004 and I still have the original chain on it. I did use another longer double for about 1 year when I run the larger sprocket. You have to leave 3/8" -1/2" play in it though or you will stretch it.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:17 PM

What's the reasoning for the double chain?

Motorcycles and ATV's with much more HP only use a single row...
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 01-30-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
What's the reasoning for the double chain?

Motorcycles and ATV's with much more HP only use a single row...
Xlint thats the first thing that came to my mind also.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:14 AM
Supporting Vendor

I know in industrial applications for instance conveyor systems they will use a double chain with long belt runs. With these buggies I would say it is due to the weight and mass of the drive train. An atv is much lighter than the buggy. I have 2 single seat buggies the Blade with a double chain and a Challenger with a single chain. The Blade rarely needs adjustment and sprocket has no wear on it even after 12 years of use. My challenger will need adjustment more frequent and the sprocket will wear quicker. I have had the challenger since 2009 and it has been driven half of what the Blade has been driven. I had to replace the axle sprocket and chain. The main difference of the 2 is the Challenger I will adjust the chain with no slack, the blade has to have 3/8" to 1/2" slack.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Heavy Contributor

That's an awsome looking buggy.
Makes me want to get back to my fl 350. One thing at a time.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:17 PM

worked on the blade a little more today. Mainly was looking over the front end of the buggy. I Took apart both front calipers, cleaned, greased, cleaned out bleeders, and brake fluid port, and re assembled. The both badly needed love. Both front steering rack boots are warn out . Cleaned out the master cylinder, and bleed out both front brake calipers. I realized there is some grease fittings missing in the control arms and a few other places, so auto store tomorrow to pick some up and replace. The buggy didn't come with headlights, so I mounted a 6 inch led bars on had in a box on both side of the headlight mounts, wired them up, connected a battery quickly just to see if the lights would work and of course they don't. So I bet its a wiring or connection issue some where. I'm disappointed I thought the blade wheels where polished aluminum, but I was wrong they are steel. Still way to much work to do. I'm not going to attempt to drive it until I know I checked everything over that's for sure.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:11 PM

Well a small update, I reworked the cargo rack, stock one was huge and bulky! Chopped out 3 sections, welded it back up. I cut the bars back a few inches where they meet the frame where a bolt would hold it in place. Welded the holes shut on the frame right behind the seat. Also made brackets for the rack, new hardware, cut out the mounts for the fuel tank and put them on top instead. This just knocks some weight off, cleans up the bulky rack, and makes removing the fuel tank a breeze! Have a lot to do tomorrow. I realized the tires aren't holding air! This is the 3rd buggy in a row, I ask do the tires hold air I'm told yes and I take it home and a day or 2 later tires lose air! Tomorrows project is to dismount all 4 wheels and tires, blast them, paint them, fix the dents on all them, slap in new valve stems. With that blast the cargo rack also and paint that. Pics coming hopefully tomorrow.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:59 AM

Worked on the wheels and tires yesterday, sanded down all the wheels, front and back, banged out the dents, and new valve stems put in since they where all drt rotted and leaking. With that i put in a manual petcock serup, 1/4 fuel line, some fresh 93 octane. Slapped the battery in, she fired right up ��. I can tell the valves need to be adjusted. I ran out of time, had to order new throttle cables for both single seaters, and of course today im getting 16 inches of snow. While running i noticed the headlights dont work, and i didnt get to see if the speedo works yet either. Still lots of work to do, but now have to wait till snow clears.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:48 PM

ok worked on the buggy more today, this one really has me scratching my head. Before I started working on it today it would start, idle good, but wouldn't accelerate at all. Meaning if I tried giving it gas it would die. So went threw a ton of stuff. Valves where adjusted cold at TDC .003 intake, .004 exhaust. The entire cvt was toast. So new variator, new sliders, new clutch setup. Also installed new throttle cable. I went threw all the electric connections, everything was spray out and cleaned with electric cleaner. A ton of the connections where corroded. I also cleaned the main ground terminal. Went to the magneto side and cleaned out that entire area also as there was mud caked in there. So I put everything back together, turn the key, she cranks all day long, and cranks well but wont start now. I think the auto choke is my culprit, not 100 percent sure, but I do have a manual choke coming, was never a fan of the auto choke. I double checked compression, I have 170 psi on the compression test so I know that motor still has plenty of life. Yes I checked for spark, I have good spark. This one really has me scratching my head this time.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:54 AM
Supporting Vendor

Sounds like a carb issue and not choke.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
Sounds like a carb issue and not choke.
I did put a brand new carb on.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:21 PM

Reason why i think its the choke is because the wiring for the auto choke resistor is toast. I think thats why it was able to just idle. Not starting now has me confused though. I have a bunch of other carbs that maybe il give a shot. The wiring and terminals on this buggy arent in good shape, and im really not in the mood for rewiring a entire buggy again.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:49 AM
Supporting Vendor

Depending on how the enrichment valve sticks if in the open position it should start and run when engine is cold but will produce a smokey exhaust as it warms up due to the too rich mixture. If it is in a closed position it will not want to run at idle but as it warms up it will run fine. Since it idles fine until you throttle it and then dies indicates to me a bad carb either by slide not rising as throttle is opened or too much fuel as throttle opens flooding it out.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Depending on how the enrichment valve sticks if in the open position it should start and run when engine is cold but will produce a smokey exhaust as it warms up due to the too rich mixture. If it is in a closed position it will not want to run at idle but as it warms up it will run fine. Since it idles fine until you throttle it and then dies indicates to me a bad carb either by slide not rising as throttle is opened or too much fuel as throttle opens flooding it out.
I spent a ton of time on it today, going threw things and double checking things over. The electric choke was def giving me some kind of issue, because I cleaned the steel where the choke resistor was mounted for ground, then I also cleaned the power side of it, the power side wire like I stated was warn and fraying. Once I did that it would start, idle, but same thing give it throttle it will die. So starting looking over the fuel tank. I changed the petcock again to a manual setup that lets the fuel flow even better. When I did that I noticed the brand new fuel filter was clogged already, from the remains of the cleaning of the tank. This also was causing not enough fuel flow, I only saw this because I use 1/4 clear fuel line, highly recommend it. So once I finished that I once again took the carb apart cleaned the hell out of it, even though it wasn't dirty. With that the buggy finally runs, idles, and drives . After I finished that USPS came with my little package and my manual choke arrived, so took the carb off again, and installed the manual choke. Love the manual choke setup, I know now if I'm getting choke or not on a cold start. Drove around for about 15-20 minutes, let me say this buggy rides pretty nice, turns amazing, but is slow lol. I put 10 gram sliders in, with a new belt, new variator, new shorty clutch and bell the other day since I had that stuff sitting in the tool chest. After that pulled back in, changed the engine oil, 15w40 diesel oil, and changed the gear oil 80/90 lucas gear oil. Finished those 2 and went over the chain. Decided to get rid of the worn chain, and put a new one on. Switched to the single row and adjusted it accordingly. All in all I still have to figure out why the headlights aren't working, and still need to finish sanding the rack I made and paint it. If I decide to keep it I think it will get a new wiring job like I did to herbie.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:24 PM

I forgot I still have to replace both steering boots also. Also need 6 wheel studs, some of them are shot. But either way I'm glad I painted the wheels black, gave it a aggressive mean look. Need to fix and get the mud flaps back on.

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 02-23-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:03 PM

this is the petcock setup I like to use with a stock tank.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:12 AM

Well started going over the wiring yesterday on the blade because the speedo, and lights never worked. The speedo wire must have been hanging near the exhaust because the wiring was melted, so I cut it out since it was no good. I cut away the wires for the electric choke since I know have manual choke. When up by the dash cut away the speedo wires also. Started looking things over I never understood why the manufactures made a kill switch mean while all u have to do is turn the key back to shut it down. So started cutting the wiring away for that since in my opinion 2 kill switches isn't needed. After unraveling and going threw the wiring I couldn't take it anymore. Needless to say, I started to rip it out. The wiring in the tubing not a fan of. It does give it a very clean look, but water gets in there and it corrodes. On top of that when they snaked the wire threw the tubing some of the wiring got nicked. I know I have tons of connectors and switches to make another harness so I said lets go for it. Just had to order a 8 gang fuse panel with block terminal. Everytime I look over the wiring on these buggies it drives me nuts, and its usually the culprit for problems.

one day I guess this one will be his

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 04-13-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:14 AM

guess I'm keeping to single seaters

Old 04-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Supporting Vendor

Started looking things over I never understood why the manufactures made a kill switch mean while all u have to do is turn the key back to shut it down.

You will understand the kill switch once you roll inverted and strapped in. Your whole sense of direction is off. The kill switch is just pushed to kill. Secondly it serves as a fail safe if for whatever reason the key switch fails, ie. rollover knee strikes key breaking it off, buggy returns to upright position with throttle locked wide open. These are reasons the product safety comm. mandated kill switches be installed from their research into offroad accidents where people are seriously injured or killed. One may never have the need to use it but if or when a problem arises it will be your best friend.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Started looking things over I never understood why the manufactures made a kill switch mean while all u have to do is turn the key back to shut it down.

You will understand the kill switch once you roll inverted and strapped in. Your whole sense of direction is off. The kill switch is just pushed to kill. Secondly it serves as a fail safe if for whatever reason the key switch fails, ie. rollover knee strikes key breaking it off, buggy returns to upright position with throttle locked wide open. These are reasons the product safety comm. mandated kill switches be installed from their research into offroad accidents where people are seriously injured or killed. One may never have the need to use it but if or when a problem arises it will be your best friend.
That was the first thing that came to my mind was that, the switch was there in case of a roll over. I'm switching to switches in both buggies. No more key.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:54 PM
Supporting Vendor

I have been running toggles in my buggies along with an emergency toggle kill. Again you still have the duplicate for cutting ign. in case as with the key the main toggle is broken in an accident. The emergency toggle will have a red, plastic or metal spring loaded shroud to better protect the switch. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Kinda brings to mind the seat switch on a lawn mower people usually disable. Although it can be a pain when on a slope where you have to slide your rear end over to keep traction on the drive tire then the engine kills, but if the mower does roll over you do not want those blades engaged as the mower rolls over you.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
I have been running toggles in my buggies along with an emergency toggle kill. Again you still have the duplicate for cutting ign. in case as with the key the main toggle is broken in an accident. The emergency toggle will have a red, plastic or metal spring loaded shroud to better protect the switch. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Kinda brings to mind the seat switch on a lawn mower people usually disable. Although it can be a pain when on a slope where you have to slide your rear end over to keep traction on the drive tire then the engine kills, but if the mower does roll over you do not want those blades engaged as the mower rolls over you.
i meant to say toggles, not switches, I have a bunch of toggles here, just need more buggy time to finish.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:07 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmansracerocket View Post
i meant to say toggles, not switches, I have a bunch of toggles here, just need more buggy time to finish.
I don't believe you!! I guess now you will have to make the trip to the Buggy Bash in Kentucky the end of June to prove you meant toggles.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I don't believe you!! I guess now you will have to make the trip to the Buggy Bash in Kentucky the end of June to prove you meant toggles.
Lmao, to far for me, I looked it up I think it was 14 hrs one way.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:25 PM
Supporting Vendor

Find someone to go with you and share the driving, gas, food ect. Leave out early Tuesday morning to get there in the afternoon to set up. Than you have Wed.,Thurs,Fri.,and Sat to ride, eat drink and cut up with some of the best people you will ever meet, then head out early Sunday.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Find someone to go with you and share the driving, gas, food ect. Leave out early Tuesday morning to get there in the afternoon to set up. Than you have Wed.,Thurs,Fri.,and Sat to ride, eat drink and cut up with some of the best people you will ever meet, then head out early Sunday.
that would be a good idea, but my vacation weeks get picked before the yr starts, and its not that week. I have lots of excuses for not being able to make it lol. Now that both buggies are not running also doesn't help. I just ordered the rest of my switches, to complete both buggies. These toggles better never fail for the amount I just spent on them.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:23 PM

small update. Since I purchased the other 2 buggies the blade has gotten a lot of tlc update. The aluminum wheels with the v tread tires from the hammerhead are now on the blade. From the yellow buggy, the blade now has 4 new wheel hubs, with the new studs. Took the axle apart on the blade and the yellow one and swapped the single 31 tooth sprocket to the blade. With that the axle bearings carriers also got swapped. The blade is really coming along. I'm going to be keeping it, and now has a lot of parts that needed to be changed has me smiling. Have a aluminum fuel tank coming for it also. Even though I cleaned the steel one out, I still prefer the aluminum tank. I don't know what happened to the original pics in the thread, but I will post more pics tomorrow on how its sitting.

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 05-06-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:41 AM

been hard at work with trying to get both single seaters to where I want them. Blade is starting to look really good. I took the foam padding off and did not like what I saw after doing so. Plan is to get rid of the nuts and bolts frame and weld it solid like I did to the hammerhead.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:23 AM
Contributor

Looks great! There's a black Blade 150cc single seater on CL I've thought about buying. But then I walk out in my garage and realize I have 3 buggies and no room for a 4th.
Maybe when I finish repairing my shed in the backyard and move 2 buggies into it, I'll think about another project.
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD