BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Mini Buggy Reviews

Mini Buggy Reviews Want to share your experience with a particular buggy? Do it here!

Old 09-20-2009, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Default BuggyMasters Review: Honda Pilot FL400

I'm going to do this one first because this machine is THE benchmark by which all others should be compared.

Let there be no doubt, this machine is absolutely "The Bomb". Of all of the machines that I have owned, this is, and likely may always be, the funnest. Absolute power across the board. Super well built, super fast, super fun. We could only hope that Honda decided one day to make these again. The price is what killed them in the late 80's and early 90's and unfortunately, it's the downside of them today as well. If, however, you have the budget and only the best will do, this should be the machine you seek. (P.S. this machine is the drifting king as evident by the pic above)

I should also mention that the Honda Odyssey which preceeded the Pilot is a very different machine. Although it is likely just as fun, the Pilot is 400cc vs 350cc and it is watercooled. This is important because the Odyssey 350's air cooled engine was a problem for them. You have to remember that the engine sits right behind the seat so there isn't a lot of air flow. Later designs of the head helped improve this problem by designing the fins in a Y shape. If you go to look at one and the head fins are straight, it likely has cooling problems.

Pros: Tons of power, extremely well built, tons of fun.

Cons: Price. Availability of the machine itself and availability of parts. You have to mix the gas and oil.

Overall BuggyMaster rating: 9 out of 10.

The only reason it doesn't get a 10/10 is in fact the cost and availability.