BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info

Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info Forum for Buggy Clubs, Organized Riding Events etc...

Old 06-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Heavy Contributor

Ditto, I don't care who throws it... I just like to ride. I'm a member of both forums and I'm active on both, I just like to help where I can and get help when I need it. There are great guys on both sides, and most of the time the same guys...

T.J.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:24 AM
Contributor

I do post on a couple of other sites, in a limitted manner, mainly trying to get the Monthly DP Ride established and going. So I'd like to get some decals too, just so the BuggyMaster name will be seen on other sites and at DP every month. Just let me know the size or sizes you're gonna get made up, and I'll let you know how many.

Great thinking!
Old 06-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggypowermaker View Post
the week before i was ready go my whole steering system broke i was training for the hill climb hit a bump at about 40 and ruin the entire steering system i can show u pics of it. cost is 756.75 to fix it all but ill be out there next year im po i missed it.
Throw some pics up, maybe some of the more experienced guys can offer a repair solution, a lot cheaper than that. For that price, you could by a good used yerf... Then you'd really have a buggy.

But seriously, get those pics up.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:24 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
. Saturday held the drags then ran the scramble and hillclimb, .
Tom? do you have the results of these events? ET's, classes, motor size?
I read the results of the hare scramble on BN. The times posted between the 150 class and 250 were ridicules close. I'm curious as why I thought it made a statement in the debate over which motor size is a better performer.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Supporting Vendor

You know I'm bad, I have yet to complete unloading but then again I brought 5 buggies. I do still have times we run on Friday but not many made it out since most had just come in and either could not find the location for the drags or were busy setting up camp, ect. Everyone run close in their respective class so on Saturday I just run the classes and did not worry about the times. Bam41's daughter won the 150 Super Modified since Funnyman destroyed his starter clutch and I forgot to bring one, then on the way to the eliminations on Saturday my exhaust broke right at the head so this put me out as well. I will find the results and post later. Some had run terrible on Friday but after tweeking Friday night come back and run very well. My 250 was sputtering on Friday and I was running in the 8.0. I cleaned the carb and on Saturday I had Funnyman run the 250 since I had planned on running the 150 and he had nothing to run since the Blade was down and he tore up the front end on his Riot making a jump @ 70mph and not realising that behind the first jump was another 4" burm which he did not clear ouch. I'll post results later.

TOM
Old 06-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
I read the results of the hare scramble on BN. The times posted between the 150 class and 250 were ridicules close. I'm curious as why I thought it made a statement in the debate over which motor size is a better performer.
Well, in the hill climb you could almost tell that he 250's had more power but the times were not too much off.

My little brother won the 150 class and I think he posted a time of around 14 secs (spiderbox with 155cc)... (there was no separation in stock or mod 150's ran with 150's, 250s and above ran together)

The fastest time was around 11 secs and that was with the Modified hammerhead 250 with a Polaris 500 motor.

I placed second in the hair scrambles, with my stock motor I had a time of 1:40, the winner had a 180cc (head and stroker crank) and he got 1:38. I don't think it was fair that they ran the Highly modified ones with the stock buggys.

T.J.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Supporting Vendor

The reason they run it the way they did is last year a single seat stock 150 won 1st. It was realised that engine size or mods did not matter. He won due to his suspension and being narrow allowing him to make the turns faster. The hammerhead that beat you out has a better suspension and is narrower then the yerf allowing him to climb the bank more without flipping. Also he had run the scramble before so he knew more of what to expect. Also with a better suspension you will pass through the whoops quicker. Not saying the yerf is not capable just that engine size or mods don't matter on that course since it consists of many turns and very short straits. The yerf done better then anyone expected especially for your first time out. You done good my man.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Heavy Contributor

Well, I flipped it my first time out! lol the second time I didn't do to bad, could have been better if I practiced on the track a couple of times...
Next year I know!
Old 06-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Contributor

hair scramblers should be set up with natural equalizers in the track.. Last year there were multiple switch backs where a 150 could eat up even a 125hp redline. But then the whole back section was big cc terrain. Open and whoops so cc and suspension counted.

Cahrley won ast year for a few reasons. Mainly, like me, thats his kinda riding. But any 250+ machine could have killed him if they new how to run the whoops. All the big machines took the whoops down the center. Bad idea if you dont have 12+in of travel and 1000 bucks min in shocks. Charlie set his machine right on the edge of the grass. Never even had to let out. Some said it was'nt fair, I say the man knows how to pick his line. Same line I picked but being it was my event my time was not counted for some reason.

Drags comes down to reaction, hill climbs come down to HP and stearing reactions picking a line before hand. Scramblers come down to the complete ability of the driver. When to let out, when to throtle in, where the front tire has to be set, how fast can you look past where your at, make a choice, and react. If you aint at the top of your game, 1000cc wont win a scrambler
Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Overall winner 11.36 sec kearneykarting
1st place 250 12.01 sec paparich
1st place 150 14.41 sec kel
were the results of the hillclimb
Proud member of the Black River QC Team
Old 07-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
Tom- just so you'll know-If I can make the trip next year I'm going up early just to help "you" out!!! I'm also gonna get a BUGGYMASTERS.COM decal made and tack it on one of my toys just so we can have some representation in photo's/vid's!!!!That may sound weird but I don't follow any other forums and I think it would be nice for others to know we're available as a family friendly alternative resource on the internet for go karts/mini-buggies.
I like stickers too. I will put some on my buggy and trailer.

The Bash was really a great time even though the low numbers. I hope next year pans out better. I do know Someone else can run the hill climb I served my sentence with it.
Tom did a great job with the drag races.
Proud member of the Black River QC Team
Old 07-02-2012, 05:17 AM
Contributor

Well, most of us know what transpired to bring about the low numbers. Looks like Tom did an excellent job of organizing and keeping the event alive though. I personally appreciate his effort, even though I wasn't able to attend.

I hope he can keep it up, and maybe before next year, we can sorta chip in, and get some large BuggyMaster banners made up, he can fly at the Bash.

Even though I don't drink anymore, I'll be glad to bring Tom a 6 pack, for evening relaxation, if I do make it next year, just name the brand Tom.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:11 AM
Contributor

Good luck Tom, looks like you are the MAN, now.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:47 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Well going through the numbers the time keepers either had initials or I could not read the names but I did have the classes catagorized. The 150's were running in the stock 8's , 150 mods high 7's Bam mid 7's but he was smoking pretty good and much worse on Sat, funnyman was working on his so he did not run the trials and my best time mid 6's and worst low 7's. The 250 stock ran very close to but not as fast as the 150 mods. Rich had the best time in 250 mod with mid 6's I run a miserable mid to high 8's since it sounded like a hot air popcorn popper down the 300". On Saturday in the kids class only 2 competators Gabe, Sockmans son won 1st, and Ashley I believe Bam's youngest won 2nd on her little 4 wheeler and she was a site to watch since she raced with a profile of a 20 year old . There was only 1 in stock 150 Jason won 1st place, in 150 mod Kyle won 1st and Brett won 2nd. In 150 super mod Funnyman was down with a tore up starter clutch and my exhaust broke at the head on the way to the track so I was out. Bam's daughter Mckalah (sorry if I botched the name) won first, in 250 stock Misty won first place and Calvin Jonny's son won 2nd, In 250 mod Funnyman won 1st running my 250, Rich come in 2nd and Sockman 3rd. In the big boy/ ladies class Kearney was 1st with his 500 HH J-Bird 2nd with his 500 Joyner and Teresa(Mrs. Funnyman 3rd with the 650 Joyner. Just a note on Friday when my challenger was missing down the 300' I got back to camp and played with the carb and it seemed to run better but I just drove it in short spirts around the camp road, I figured it was fixed since it did not pop on quick acceloration. I had a bad battery that I had to keep jumping off.Saturday morn, my battery was not taking charge so Funnyman let me use his battery out of his 150. Needless to say he won first, wish I had times of those runs. Sunday morn I give him his batt back and mine took about half charge. I loaded it on the trailer and drove it off when I got home. When I went to move it to my shop it just would not go due to popping and no power I had to keep jumping it off. While I had the jumper cables on it it would take off fine until I disconnected the cables then it would just pop and again had no power to even move forward. I found out today my Stator is bad, it charges ok. The coil that supplies the spark is bad. So if your buggy won't run without a battery check the stator coil that supplies spark.