BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Lite Contributor

Default bms 250 buggy

I was thinking about buying a bms 250 buggy. I have heard online that they are lack power so I need a little help on raising the power or could you suggest some engine swaps....thanks alot in advance
Old 07-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingster View Post
I was thinking about buying a bms 250 buggy. I have heard online that they are lack power so I need a little help on raising the power or could you suggest some engine swaps....thanks alot in advance
If you want more power, you should swap to a UNI filter and pull the head and have Tom from SYC Powersports port, polish, and shave it for higher compression. I just picked up a used 250 and the first thing i did was rip the head off and send it to Tom. I had him do the same to my 150 head i bought off of him. Best bang for the buck.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 07-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Lite Contributor

Did you see a difference In power and speed?
Old 07-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Contributor

As of yet, no. i just sent it out. But i noticed a good difference in the 150 he had done for me. His link is in the banner at the top of most pages on the site. you can click it and get his number and gie him a call. He will be able to talk to you more thoroughly on what his port, polish, and shave will accomplish on the 250.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 07-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Lite Contributor

Ok thanks. Noe I just need to find me a good used bms 250
Old 07-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Contributor

Where are you located? I used craigs to find my 250. I only settled on one after i couldnt strike a good deal on a trade for another gy6 150. Hoping i like this 250 when i get done with it.

Hammerhead 250GTS
Old 07-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Lite Contributor

Im in louisiana. I was thinking a 150 at first but im like 6'2 and I need legroom so I thought a 250 should be big enough.the bms 250 is like 4 thousand new. The most I would pay for one is two thousand. If I pay more than that then I may as well get a rhino or a commander
Old 07-23-2013, 03:08 PM

You don't have to go with a 250 buggy to get the needed room, I have a spiderbox and it was pretty comfy when I took it out, to my surprise. I am 6'3" and about 300lbs, so that gives you an idea of the room inside the frame. I'm not saying its like a caddy in there, but I don't hit my knees on the steering wheel, and its pretty easy to climb in and out of. I did raise the roll bar portion of the frame about 2" when I welded it up, just so I don't hit my dome and scratch my helmet up.

There is also a certain 150 goka frame that is a bit bigger than the norm, but I can't remember the numbers of it.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 07-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Lite Contributor

Ok cool. Could you Suggest me a cheaper buggy with alot of space.I would just get the cheaper one swap the engine raise it up with bigger tires and better suspension
Old 07-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Lite Contributor

Kingster, Racing Dreamz sells BMS, KandiUSA and will be offering the IceBear products in the very near future. We will work with you to bring you the best price. Also as an added bonus, since Racing Dreamz is a 501c3 non profit charity, all sales goes toward the mission. Plus, since you purchase from our charity, like you might a tshirt or bake sale, some of the proceeds are tax deductible. So you get a tax write off from purchasing from Racing Dreamz. This makes your purchase even less. We offer what inventory there is from BMS, KandiUSA, IceBear, Trophy Kart and Pitster Pro. If we can help you, feel free in giving me a call. 423-297-8228.