BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Classifieds > Parts For Sale / Wanted

Parts For Sale / Wanted All member parts for sale go here regardless of type.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:14 PM
Power User

Default Fox Podium shocks for sale --$100.

$100 plus shipping. I have a pair of 18.5 inch eye to eye Podiums for sale. Travel is right around 6 inches. Just went through the internals, new shaft seals, fresh oil. Good bump rubbers. shafts are straight and clean. These still have the standard needle type fill valve for the gas and are presently uncharged.

Offering them up here for $50 less than i'll CL or e-bay them for. The springs come with them, I think they're from a kfx 450 (light bright green underneath my paint) and have a slight bit of "arch" to them. I tested the springs on the rockhound as fronts and the rate is pretty good for a light front like a buggy.

The shock part numbers on the base are for Arctic Cat, these originally had a black anodized base that I swapped to color coordinate the ones on the rockhound. I haven't pulled those shocks off yet to see what these were actually from. No difference but the color.

I only have 2 of the 4 eye bushings and one shock doesn't have the plastic anti-rub piece. If anyone wants them and wants me to pull some shims to soften the compression and rebound rates, I'll take care of that -- how much shim change i make depends on if you run them front or rear. 1 in pic is finished, the other is on the bench awaiting rebuild. (i may photo the job for a how to thread.)

Ships from Easton, PA 18040
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0046.jpg (95.9 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 03-04-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:43 PM
Contributor

X-Bird I lay claim on the shocks . They will go on the back of Pojo. Do you know what the spring rates are right now. Not a major concern, but if you can valve them for the rear, It would be appreciated. My zip is 93723. so if you can give me a quote funds will be coming to you tomorrow. The rest of you folks hands off , .

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:22 AM
Power User

Hey toomany, been wondering where you've been!
Done deal, you've got them.
I ended the e-bay auction on them.
Don't know the actual spring rate they're not super stiff. If not stiff enough, there's room to add a tender spring.
For the pojo, how heavy do you think the whole ride and back end will end up?
You're going to be more desert and higher speed running?
If anything I'd soften up the high speed compression and rebound only a little bit. lmk on that aspect, will only take me a few minutes. Meantime i'll set up the packaging and weigh them to get you shipping.

FWIW, I have another set of podiums to rebuild yet, same size no springs with them. I have to get a st of seals and wipers and more oil before i do those.
If I do my front air shocks, then I'll also have my ACT/Fox sled shocks up for sale, those are pretty fresh and are shimmed for a light front running in rough stuff so real light on compression and rebound.

Last edited by x-bird; 03-23-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:43 PM
Power User

this set is sold!

Now I have a pair of Arctic Cat/Fox shocks, 18.5 inch eye-to-eye available. They have banshee springs on them, get about 7 inches of travel and are valved very soft rebound and compression --pretty much ideal for the front end of a 150 buggy.

my front corner weights were around 120-140 pounds when I did the valving. These have been converted to shrader fittings. There's maybe 30 miles on them since i rebuilt them near the mid-summer last year. For this set i'd be at the same price for forum members, $100 plus shipping for the pair.