BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 04-20-2016, 09:24 PM
Lite Contributor

Question Highest compression for Predator 212?

i need to know what the highest compression ratio is so i don't blow up when i run boost .

it works, i just need to know this vital info. i've heard of 12:1 with methanol mix.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:56 AM
Lite Contributor

If i make a good seal i'm going to start with 5 and a half psi max
Old 04-22-2016, 08:54 PM
Supporting Vendor

Look in the book that come with the engine, it should give you the comp. ratio. If not contact harbor freight to find the engine specs.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:32 PM
Lite Contributor

Not what i asked.
What is the highest amount of compression i can run. Stock is 8.5
it isnt like i can test the compression when it's running anyways lol. oh well. orange flames when running boost. 1 carb is n/a one is for boost.

Last edited by ModdedMotor212; 04-23-2016 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:08 AM
Supporting Vendor

The higher the compression, the more pressure put on the piston, rod and crank. On the stock engine I would stick with the 8.5. I believe at 12.5 the engine would have a short life. One friend I talked to races lawn mowers, he has 12:1 compression running on methanol and has over 2500.00 invested just in the engine, special crank, rod, piston, reinforced aftermarket block with a billet forged head. Since he takes no short cuts he could not give me an answer as in your case. He said that these engines are low rpm, and hp and high torque engines designed for normal intended use
Old 04-23-2016, 11:29 PM
Lite Contributor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
The higher the compression, the more pressure put on the piston, rod and crank. On the stock engine I would stick with the 8.5. I believe at 12.5 the engine would have a short life. One friend I talked to races lawn mowers, he has 12:1 compression running on methanol and has over 2500.00 invested just in the engine, special crank, rod, piston, reinforced aftermarket block with a billet forged head. Since he takes no short cuts he could not give me an answer as in your case. He said that these engines are low rpm, and hp and high torque engines designed for normal intended use
Thanks for asking for me. i do also believe i should get a forged piston of some sort the same i would for a car that was manufactured naturally aspirated.