BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 07-12-2017, 11:06 AM
Lite Contributor

Default 2006 Joyner 650- part support and value questions

Hello, locally there is a 2006 Joyner 650 for sale. It looks decent in pictures. I haven't looked at it yet. Just need some info first. I've done some reading and it seems like Joyner has gone in and out of business. How is parts availability for this year? They are asking 3000$ for it. This sounds a little high based on some of the prices I've seen online. Any info you can give me would be appreciated. I don't want something that doesn't have any kind of party support. I'll put up some pics shortly.

thanks!
Old 07-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Lite Contributor

Here's some pics of the buggy: Untitled by mikesova, on Flickr

Untitled by mikesova, on Flickr
Old 07-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Heavy Contributor

The SandViper chassis is heavier than the SandSpider but has better suspension. The last year of the 650cc was 2009. It is a Mitsubishi 2g24 engine mated to a Suzuki F series 4-speed transaxle

That chassis is a little too heavy for that engine. Unless you plan to boost the engine or swap it out, I suggest the Viper in a 800cc or larger or look for a Spider 650.

The distributor in the US was bought by a company that went under after GM's debt to them was discharged under bankruptcy. The company continued selling in other countries until Joyner was able to reapply for new EPA certification and ramp up business. They no longer sell carbureted models due to the EPA.

Last edited by GX150; 07-12-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:52 AM
Lite Contributor

They aren't very plentiful up here in MI. I don't have a lot of choices. I'm wondering what a fair price would be and if parts are still available.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:15 AM
Heavy Contributor

MSRP was about $7k when new. $2500-3000 is a fair price.

Parts are available and BuggyNews has a parts cross over from other applications. Prattville Powersports in AL and Joyner USA in AZ are the primary sources of Joyner specific parts. What you cannot get in the US can be ordered from Europe or Asia, but shipping will take longer and the part price will reflect the distance it has to be sent.