BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-17-2016, 12:50 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Size of 150cc engine parts.

Ordered a rebuild kit for the Carter talon engine. It runs alright but gives off a puff of smoke when you take off. Plus the new hammerhead seems to run stronger. After 11 years I'm sure she's tired! When I opened up the kit I had thought they sent the wrong parts. Measured everything and it is in fact the correct sizes. I guess all of the cooling plastic bolted on makes it look much bigger. It amazes me what kind of power and speed we get out of these things. Now I have to wait a couple of weeks to do the rebuild because of vacation. First time in my life I wish I wasn't going on one. New parts and no time to do it.
Old 09-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Supporting Vendor

How are the valve guides and swals?
Old 09-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Lite Contributor

Didn't look to bad. Would have needed a little clean up. The head is branded GT, whoever that is. But I am making them replace the head. The counter bored holes for the dowel pins are way off center. Pretty much unusable. Unless that's how they are supposed to be which I doubt. Money was a factor this time. I should have contacted you me thinks!