BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 04-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Lurker

Default Hello from OK

Hi all. Looking at getting a kart for my 6 year old boy, soon to be 7. I get to looking around and all the US made Karts that were around when i was a kid are gone! Very sad.

So my question, i'll post in another forum too for more views, do i look for an old Carter or Manco or join everyone else and buy a Chinese Kart?

I've always shy away from chinese powersports, but i doesnt look like i have an option anymore. Whats y'alls opinion? Thanks for the help!
Old 04-05-2017, 08:07 AM
Heavy Contributor

The Chinese side does not have the quality. But this isn't a car or truck. Parts are pretty cheap, for the most part. So it's pretty much what you can find in your price range. They going to get beat up, and your going to be working on it. My option, don't think it matters much. Other then looking how easy it is to get part for it. I Had a Manco Duce. Very cool machine. But parts on the other hand was tricky to get ahold of. So sold it, before really got started on it. Parts, Parts, Parts.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Supporting Vendor

When looking for a yard kart such as the older Manco's or Carters you will be surprised to learn many were produced in China. You will have to go back to the 80's to find one made in the US. I have been dealing with the Chinese buggies since 2004. You have good and you have bad, as the same with parts. Stay away from the Carters since they are no longer in business and parts are very hard to come by. Carter had been importing the suspension buggies since 2001, the non suspension with mower type engines were us made. Same with Manco which was bought out by American Sport Works now American Landmaster in I believe 2006 or 2007. Since that time they are all mostly Chinese. Let us know how big your son is and what type of buggy you are looking for. Welcome to the addiction.