BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > ATV, Dirt bike and UTV Reviews

ATV, Dirt bike and UTV Reviews Reviews for various ATV's, Dirt bikes and UTV's.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Default BuggyMasters Review: Bombardier DS650

What a lot of people don't realize is that it was in fact Bombardier (Now Can-Am) that started it all with the big bore four wheelers. Yep, they started making these beasts in 2000. Yamaha's Raptor 660 didn't come out until 2001.

There are a lot of Pros to these machines and not a whole lot of cons to tell you the truth. I'll also tell you guys that this machine here is one the fastest of the big boys. I had it to 77 mph and had to lay on the brakes for lack of road. It still had more in it.

A huge bonus for you bigger guys is this is likely the physically biggest sport four wheeler made. It's just physically big! That is where one of it's cons comes in but really a matter of preference. Smaller guys may feel that it is not as agile but the bigger guys feel right at home.

These machines are really over engineered and you rarely hear about engine problems. They are just built for endurance. Super well done and tons of power and speed. One of the other cons seems to be the rev limiter. This thing has enough power that you seem to bounce off of that rev limiter a littel quicker than any of the others. It is a very comfortable machine too. Super comfortable actually.

The steering takes a little getting used to. They mount the front fenders above the front tires attaching them to the steering knuckle. For you guys that like to make race plastic out of your good plastic, these have the best of both worlds.

Note that I think it was 2005 that was a changeover year. No reverse on these early models and they made some other heavy changes as well. Be sure to read up on that info if you are seriously shopping these. Don't get me wrong, our 2001 was an excellent machine but if memory serves me right, there were some changes that may or may not be important to others.

Most people simply don't know much about these four wheelers but the guys that do, or own them, absolutely love them. I was told that these machines are the stock 300' drag race title holers too. Super four wheelers.

Pros: Fast, comfortable, dependable, physically big. An overall great machine.

Cons: Physically big so it is not nearly as nimble as the competition, steering takes a little getting used to

BuggyMasters Overall Rating: 7 out of 10