BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 07-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Lurker

Default Where to buy a complete Crossfire 150 Wiring Harness

I hate coming to a forum to ask for help when I'm selling something, but here we go anyway. I bought this Crossfire 150 from the original owner, with the intent to do a general refresh to it and create a good rider. Unfortunately, that hasn't worked out. After replacing the original GY6, re-upholstering the seats, and sorting a decent amount of wiring issues, I looked around and realized I'm out of room. My latest project (a 1965 Dodge D100) is coming soon, and will take up a lot of room, and the replacement cab for it is already occupying my buggy's space. So, I went out on Friday to fire it off, clean it up, and take some shots for CL. And then it backfired, and caught the top of the motor on fire (Yes, I had no air cleaner. I have the choke issue, and generally started it with fluid. Probably not the best idea, but it's what I had on hand). Now, I need to ask this: Where can I get the Engine and Body harness for this buggy at? I hate asking for advice on something I'm selling, but I really need it gone. Thanks

Before the fire (Damage was minimal, mainly just the harness and carb)
Old 07-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Where are you located? Buggy Depot advertises a wiring harness for these but never bought one to know- the picture they show appears they are making them from scratch.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Lurker

I am located outside of Nashville, TN, but the Buggy Depot Harness appears to be just the motor harness. What has happened is that the connector between the motor and body harness is non existent, it was replaced with wire splice connectors. I just don't want to do that to a new harness.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know any place that sells a chassis harness- Nothing wrong with connectors as long as the wires are labeled or color coded. I make wiring harnesses all the time and re-use plug connectors from all the scrapped 4-wheelers I rob the engines from. If you just have to have the plastic plug- go find a trashed motorcycle/ATV and cut the parts out and re-splice & heat shrink it back to the existing wires.
If you were closer I'd be interested in this Crossfire to do another Honda TRX200SX transplant.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Lurker

I guess that's what I would be doing. If I had the space, I'd keep it, but it needs to go. That, and the ATC110 that I just restored still needs a lot of small things done. I'll look into it, and order the harness today.