BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Lite Contributor

Default tie rods

after front end up grade i need to extend my tie rods by about 2in both sides the end that goes into the rack has a ball joint that the tie rod is pressed on it looks like i can't just buy a longer tie rod. do they make a sleeve of some kind?
Old 10-09-2012, 06:05 AM
Power User

check metalstudman's "Yerf with a view" thread near the end (pretty sure that's the thread, or another thread of his in the frankenbuggy section) he took off the ball joint at the rack (it unthreads from the rack) and made a thread-in clevis to replace it. on the tie-rod portion he either added, made or picked up a piece of rod stock for the tie rod with internal threads and added a heim to it to fit into the clevis and a heim at the other end. I did somewhat the same, but for cost reasons i put the clevis end on the tie rod. for me it was a bit easier and cheaper, but it makes adjusting the tie rod for toe a little more difficult. pics of that are in my "My yerf upgrade" thread, 4th or 5th page.