BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 11-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Lurker

Default Kazuma 150cc needs help

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find Kazuma specefic parts, apparently the buggy I have has the POS 2 bolt valve cover (type B) and nowhere online can I find ANY performance parts for it whatsoever. The buggy is sitting at a buddies right now so can't post pics, we have been tinkering with it (mainly him lol) for a few weeks. It runs ok but has some issues with the motor cocking causing chain to pop and does lack in some power, hence why I am in need of info on somewhere to find some performance parts.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:18 PM

Send Tom with SYC power sports(see banner above) about where to find perf parts for your engine. The engine cocking issue is likely the engine mounts and/or chain tensioner bracket worn out or breaking. Both are pretty easy to fix once you find the mounts. Without looking at the tensioner bracket, its hard to tell which new unit will fit, but most are universal. Check out BMI karts for the engine mounts.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 11-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Lurker

Sent Tom an email Masteryota, hope him or someone can help
Old 11-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Lurker

what he has is a kazuma coyote 150cc........Yea im the guy who is helping him out. All the rubber mounts are in great shape. But! they are factory mounts are welded on crooked. Which is no problem if we pull the motor and rework the mounts, we can and will do that. Is there any reason why we shouldnt mount the motor in solid motor mounts and do away with the rubber mounts? I think the popping is the chain....under a load the chain trying to climb off the sprocket becouse the motor is mounted in there so badly causing ther popping. but not 100% sure about that. (Not robbing your post there bud just filling in some blanks)
155 kit, Hoca head, 10gr rollers, 2000RPM torque spring, 1500RPM clutch springs, 13/40 final drive gearing, 39T sprocket, performance coil & CDI, preformance intake & exhaust, A12 cam, uni filter, cheap ebay analog scooter tach, 30mm pumper....
Old 11-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Lurker

Hey all the help we can get, the better. I did see a post where someone did away with the rubber mounts and used delrin bushings so that could be one possibile solution
Old 11-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Power User

might end up cracking the casting if you go with solid mounts. check not only the engine mount alignments, but the axle/bearing hangars as well. entire swingarm could also be racked.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Heavy Contributor

Without rubber in the mounts may cause a lot of vibration and anoying noise. Just my thought on that.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:12 PM

I have to agree with X on this one. The rubber absorbs some of the deflection of the engine, and without that cushion, you may crack one of the case halves. I would take a hard look at the engine mounts, and make sure there isn't something you might be overlooking. Even though the rubber looks good, doesn't mean it isn't fatigued. Make sure the chain isn't just loose, or has a bad link. Once you get a couple bad links, they click and clatter and can pop off the sprockets if they don't want to turn. Some time with 2 sets of eyes should narrow down the culprit, I am leaning toward trashed chain, but thats just my opinion.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 11-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteryota View Post
I have to agree with X on this one. The rubber absorbs some of the deflection of the engine, and without that cushion, you may crack one of the case halves. I would take a hard look at the engine mounts, and make sure there isn't something you might be overlooking. Even though the rubber looks good, doesn't mean it isn't fatigued. Make sure the chain isn't just loose, or has a bad link. Once you get a couple bad links, they click and clatter and can pop off the sprockets if they don't want to turn. Some time with 2 sets of eyes should narrow down the culprit, I am leaning toward trashed chain, but thats just my opinion.
your right that the rubber mounts could be fatigued... we never really paid much attention to them. but we did try to flex the motor with a 2' bar and it seemed fairly tough to move but I will go out and look it over tonight real well. It only takes one bad mount to cause trouble. Thanks for your help guys
155 kit, Hoca head, 10gr rollers, 2000RPM torque spring, 1500RPM clutch springs, 13/40 final drive gearing, 39T sprocket, performance coil & CDI, preformance intake & exhaust, A12 cam, uni filter, cheap ebay analog scooter tach, 30mm pumper....
Old 11-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Lurker

Well we found the issue causing the motor to be sittin cock-eyed, we fixed that problem wtih a longer bolt and a spacer. The fix worked perfect but unfortunatly with the motor twisted and flexing so much in the past we believe it fatigued the lower mount and the unthinkable happened , the case cracked. Luckily it was caught right after it happened so it didn't ruin the engine. We have come up with a plan to solve this issue and I hope it works as planned.