BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 07-29-2010, 02:54 AM
Lurker

Default Broken Spindle, buggy verification?

My buddy has this mini buggy that im trying to figure out what brand it is. He bought it awhile back off someone who uses the frame but installs 35hp Briggs engines. Anyways, This is the second spindle he has replaced because it keeps breaking. He asked if i could repair it or fabricate a better spindle. he said replacement spindles are $150 but he doesn't want to get it if it is just goiong to break again.

First off, the spindle looks like its cast iron which i don't want to reweld because i know it won't hold. Any ideas from similar problems? I could fabricate a steel spindle but then i'd most likely have to replace the ball joints to heims which is alot more work then i think he is expecting.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kart 1.JPG (94.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Kart 2.JPG (69.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Spindle1.JPG (78.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Spindle2.JPG (65.5 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Lite Contributor

Hollywood,
That thar is your typical China-buggy 250 and up frame. Roketa, Kandi, SunL, Kinroad, etc. are the nameplates associated with it as seen here and here. I know a guy in a nearby town, my cousin's neighbor actually, that has this model. He replaced the 250 with a 450 Nighthawk engine and ditched big tires/wheels with regular ATV ones. He loves it, the local police, no so much. lol The spindles are listed on the Roketa site at $90.00, still sorta pricey. Try here, they're cheaper, but you gotta finger out which one you need.
Jake.