BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 12-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Lurker

Default Tomberlin Crossfire 150 - new user question

Never owned a cart in my life! Son wants one for Christmas. Have an opportunity to buy a used one for $650 cash. Is it worth it? I searched the forums on here and found things like - no reverse, etc.... but I have some other questions...

1. Can an adult ride in one of these?
2. Is this an adult cart or for kids only?
3. What's up with the Honda Clone engine. ( a little worried about these chinese guys)

Please respond. Don't have the money to get took.
Thanks.

Eric
Old 12-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Lurker

Son is a "big" 13 year old.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

The Crossfire will hold an adult or about 6'-2"max., it was made for individuals of 5' or taller, has a wieght capacity of around 300lbs (best guess without checking spec's) So it's correct for your son and you too!!!. The GY6 150cc engine is a Honda clone from the 70's- well engineered 4-stroke and reliable. They put out around 7-13hp depending on mod's. Don't know where you live but that's a little high unless it's in great shape. Crossfire is a durable buggy- IMO it's as easy to work on as most. We could provide a better opinion if you could post the ad or a picture of it? If you're taking the pic's get shots from all sides and close-ups of the engine area.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Lite Contributor

Default crossfire 150 R $400 or OBO

Are you close to New Orleans , here is a link to a 150R , needs a little TLC , has reverse , and the price looks right ------------------- I'd like to get this one for the parts -----------http://neworleans.craigslist.org/for/2722154098.html
Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Contributor

I have 2 baja dune 150 same as the crossfire 150. I am 6 2 195 lbs and I love bugggie riddding and fixing them up. Our first 150 is a 2004 that I bought at pepboys for christmas for my wife and son. My wife and son would follow me in the desert on my 250 dirt bike and they could not keep up with me. So in 2009 summer I bought a 2006 dune 150 at the same pep boys with rat damage for 1000 bucks cash. fixed it up and I love riding the buggy more than my dirt bike now we keep the same pace. I have done engine mods and trans,suspension mods to improve the fun factor. Always wear your seat belts and a helmet. I would recomend to check the valve adjustment often. I did not check the valve clearance on our first buggy and 3 seasons of ridding mostly winter the motor died. Found a replacement one for $250. Very fun to ride just be safe and keep up on tire presure and suspension wear. the front lower ball joints take a beating so I replace them once a year or as needed. It helps if you have mechanical experiance.