BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 10-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Lurker

Default first buggy crossfire 150

I bought my first buggy yesterday. It is a very clean crossfire 150 that wouldn't idle. Cosmetically the only flaw is the seat bottoms are peeling. Took apart the carb and cleaned it out today and now it runs pretty good. The idle fluctuates up and down some but the fuel is of unkown quality, smells fresh but I plan to flush the tank with some new gas before riding again. It was assembled wrong with many little items clearly being routed and positioned wrong. It is a standard crossfire no fenders no reverse. I still have to fix the front steering. Whoever put it together didn't center the rack and it has a crummy turn angle to the right and overangles to the left. Front toe is off. This is all stuff I can fix without parts. I am a car dealer tech with many years under my belt so I know my way around tools and machines.

The only actual part I have found that is going to need replaced is both front shocks have bad bushings. The front shocks bang around on the bolts. Does anyone have a source for front shock bushings or is this a make your own kinda item? Thanks in advance
Old 10-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Lurker

I just bought a similar buggy last week and have been doing some research. I found a couple places that might be of help to you.
http://www.buggynuts.com/
Owner’s Manual
http://www.buggynuts.com/service%20m...NERSMANUAL.pdf
http://northwestkarts.com/
Service Manual
http://northwestkarts.com/files/CF150ServiceManual.pdf
The Buggy Depot - South Hill, VA (434) 447-4870
It will not allow me to put a link to The Buggy Depot web page

I was able to find a coil from a local part store that sells China scooters
Hope these help.

Last edited by Will_G; 10-07-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM

Default And so it begins

Congrats on the buggy purchase! like I was tellin' Will G the crossfire is a good buggy, as for parts, service, or just plain good advice u should start with Tom @ sycpowersports. He the man in my book n u get a discount on everything from him for being a member of this forum! keepem rollin bear
Old 10-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Lurker

I suggest you do yourself a favor and just get different shocks. the stock shocks are junk. For the low budget guy like me, I went to the local atv/snowmobile junk yard and picked up a pair of Thundercat shocks. They were just a tad over 18 inches but fit perfectly. I paid 100 dollars for them and they were in great shape. It was the best 100 dollars I've spent on my cart. It did not make my cart faster on a straight run, it was clearly faster on the trails. The handeling is so much better and smoother. With th e stock front shocks mine use to bounce around vibrate and shake. I was so impressed I couldn't wait to do the rear shocks. Although the same place didn't have the blaster shocks I found them on ebay for 40 dollars free shipping. Believe me you will not regret getting rid of those stock shocks.
DR2 variator/ fan
1500 torque spring
Performance pulley
Smart digital cdi/ coil combo
Iridium spark plug cr7hix
30mm Pumper Carb
Performance intake
2 stage uni air filter
9 & 12 gram sliders
Platinum burner lights
Thundercat front shocks
Blaster rear shocks
SYC Power
62mm big bore kit
Crankshaft 2mm stroke
A-10 Camshaft
Performance large valve head
Port & Polish
TK performance tuned exhaust

Last edited by ilike2play2; 10-10-2012 at 11:44 AM.